 |
| My Girlfriend and Me |
 |
| 6:58 |
 |
| 7:00 |
 |
| 7:00 |
It's almost 9:00, and we are both up, as the sun fills the lake with its reflection. I was up just before 7:00 as the sun was rising and out on the lake for close to an hour and a half, relishing such a spectacular lake morning.
 |
| Kayak Morning |
 |
| Sun Rising Over Long Point |
 |
| Paddling East |
 |
| Into The Sun |
 |
| Eagle |
 |
| Heron |
 |
| Osprey |
Sunday turned out to be a good day, starting with our usual long paddle. The morning was typical for a Sunday, I think — we both listened to various news programs on Sirius, often hearing the same story repeated hour after hour. We published the blog around 9:30, later than usual, and then I wanted to get in some exercise, so I decided on a hike around our neighboring woods, Victoria and Woodlawn. I was a bit worried about ticks, so I wore treated pants and a long-sleeve shirt. It was a good walk; the paths were partly overgrown but still visible. I was out for a little over half an hour, basically walking a circle. When I got home, Evie had just showered, and I decided to take one as well rather than wait until later in the day. I felt great afterward and was ready for a good, relaxing day.
 |
| Kinney's Run |
 |
| Victoria Woods Trail |
For lunch, Evie made me a western with the leftover meatloaf, and I loved it. I then read and napped but was up by 2:30, ready to watch the US women's basketball team play Italy in the FIBA World Cup in Germany. They were lucky to win by three points and played terribly, unable to hit threes or even layups. Only one player was in double figures, and Caitlin Clark scored one point. After the game, I went out to our side yard and started raking up stones, getting it ready for power seeding. It's going to take a while to get it done.
We left at 6:00 for Linda and Ron's house for dinner. It was nice enough to sit on their front porch and enjoy a libation or two, along with a Bloody Mary shrimp and avocado cocktail. Our dinner was great: meatloaf, carrots, and mashed cauliflower instead of potatoes, and we loved it. Linda was upset because we'd had meatloaf the previous day, but it didn't matter — it was delicious. For dessert, she made a chocolate cake and served it with ice cream, and we got to bring half of it home. We stayed until 9:30, and it was a great way to spend my 83rd birthday. Dining at Linda and Ron's is always a delight, with great food and lots of laughs.
We were home around 9:40. Evie went up to bed, but I stayed up until 10:15, then joined her, tired from the day.
Im glad you had a joyful birthday . September seems to be a popular month for birthdays , My brother and I , 2 in laws , 2 nieces . There’s the New Year snd 9 months later ..
ReplyDelete