Wednesday, August 19, 2026

Partly Sunny And 64º


6:20

7:21

As usual, I am up just after 6:15 and was out kayaking for forty five minutes by 6:30. To the south, there's some light and clouds; to the north, nothing but a threatening sky

Kayak Morning

Threatening North Sky

Sun Breaking Through The Clouds

Great Blue Heron



Osprey

Taking Flight

Another Osprey

Tuesday was a different day, although it began as usual, with me up early and out on a fog-bound lake by 6:30. The fog slowly lifted, so I was able to look for birds. I spotted a heron along Long Point's west shore, but that was it for me that morning. I was still out for an hour, just enjoying the quiet, fog, and water.

Evie was up showering when I got home because we were going to Erie for a 10:20 doctor's appointment. I then wrote the blog, had breakfast, and by the time I was done, Evie was dressed and showered and was able to read the blog and publish it. Evie was having her hiatal hernia checked. Over a third of older adults have it, so it's fairly common. We decided to make a morning of it, so after the appointment, we stopped at a Wegmans in Erie. I hate to say it, but it puts our Wegmans to shame. It's larger and has so much more, so many different offerings, that we could have spent another half hour and a lot of money just cruising around. On the way home, we stopped at Chick-fil-A for lunch and decided to eat inside. It's an amazingly busy place. If we stop at a Burger King, they may have four or five people working. Chick-fil-A must have 15 to 20, and long lines both inside and out, at least at lunchtime. And they are quick. We ordered our meal, and five minutes later it was brought to our table.

We took the old, slow way home on through Findley Lake, Sherman, then home. It took an extra half hour, but it was fun reminiscing about our rides this way on weekends back in the 1980s in our Toyota van. It was good to get back to the lake, and I quickly went upstairs to read and nap. Evie sat on the front porch, talked with our daughter Jill, then watched some TV. After my nap, I took my book out on the dock and enjoyed the sun, and after an hour, I had enough and came in and read some in the living room until wine time at 5:00 til 6:30. For dinner, we had the leftover chicken, macaroni salad from Wegmans, and sweet corn on the cob. We watched the Indiana Fever again, playing Toronto, and it was fun watching both Kelsey Mitchell and Caitlin Clark light it up. I have to admit I enjoy a great pass more than a shot, and Clark is great at it. Evie went up to bed after the game, and I then did up the dishes, and watched my show before going up to read and sleep.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...