.jpeg) |
| 8:22 |
.jpeg) |
| 6:32 |
.jpeg) |
| 6:46 |
The sun's up, filling the lake with its reflection on a beautiful, mostly blue-sky morning. I was up at 6:30 and on the lake just before 7:00 for an hour and 20 minutes. I paddled north this time to Snug Harbor and back and didn't see any birds other than seagulls.
 |
| Kayak Morning |
.jpeg) |
| Paddling Down To Snug Harbor |
 |
| Sun Rising In The East |
.jpeg) |
| Into The Sun And Clouds |
 |
| Wow |
Tuesday was a good day except for our yard, which continues to be a mess. Since both of our houses seemed to be hooked up to the new sewers, today may be the day the guys put our yard back together. So Tuesday began as usual with a good paddle, and I was back home by 8:00, giving me over an hour before I had to leave for yoga. I was able to enjoy another cup of coffee and finish the blog by 9:00. It was good to get back to Tuesday yoga with Courtney, although I left feeling tired and achy for some reason, and all I wanted to do was go straight home. Evie felt the same and was lying on the couch reading. I decided to go upstairs and lie down on my bed and read. I could have napped, but I wanted to wait until after lunch.
.jpeg) |
| Our Side Yard |
.jpeg) |
| Matt Digging |
 |
| Blue Skies, Destroyed Yard |
.jpeg) |
| Our Hydrangea Tree |
For lunch, Evie made me a couple of toasted cheese sandwiches, and I microwaved an ear of corn. I watched another episode of my Swedish series but couldn't wait to get up to bed and nap, which I did for a good half hour. The rest of the afternoon, neither of us did much. I'd read for a bit, then go out and talk with the guys working our yard, then come back in and read until 4:00. By 4:45 we were both showered and on our way to a five o'clock dinner at Bellinis, with friends Jerry and Jane, Tom and Julie. Bellinis is famous for its half-price happy hour from 5:00 to 7:00 and its specials, so it's busy, especially for the white-headed gang like us. It was great to see Jane and Jerry, who live in the Villages in Florida most of the year. Everyone ordered libations, beer or wine, supposedly at half price. Evie and I had the burgers, eleven bucks each, and they were really good. We had a good time, of course, and the four of them have known each other for years. When we got our checks, I couldn't believe mine — they'd charged us 36 bucks for three glasses of wine. Then I found out only the house wine was half price, not the ones we ordered. Idiot! So it wasn't a deal, but we still had a fun evening.
 |
| Dinner With Good Friends |
Because we got there at 5:00, we were home by 7:00, in time to watch a couple of episodes of ER before Evie went to bed. I finished my series, Blood Sacrifice, which I really liked except for the ending. I then watched some basketball before going up to bed to read and sleep. Sort of a good day.
No comments:
Post a Comment