 |
| Home |
 |
| 9:50 |
It's 7:15, and I've been up for a little over an hour. I am going to kayak after breakfast at 8:00, so I won't get out on the lake until 9:15. I'm already bored and should have gone paddling before breakfast.
 |
| Kayak Morning |
 |
| Osprey In The Morning |
Yesterday morning was a good one because I was able to get in a good paddle, then a bike ride. It began just as the sun was rising at 6:25. It was a perfect morning to be on the lake, and I was out for over an hour, across to Long Point and back, stopping in the middle of the lake to talk with fellow paddler Jim, also out early for a paddle. When I got home, I finished up the blog with Evie's help and decided to go for a bike ride. So I fastened the bike rack on my Outback, secured my bike, and drove to Mayville Park. I then rode my usual route, down Webb's Trail through the woods on an abandoned railroad track, back to Mayville, then down Sea Lion Drive to the end and back. It felt good to get back on my bike and ride.
 |
| Webb's Trail |
When I got home, I took my bike off the rack, came into the house, and relaxed, wondering what I'd have for lunch, when I noticed a tightness in my chest and back for some reason. My immediate thought was acid reflux, a strained chest muscle, or heart trouble, but it seemed to be more in my back than my chest. So I looked it up on ChatGPT, and everything I described pointed to pulled muscles. I took a Tums, which helped some, had lunch, and watched my show. Evie was busy cleaning the back porch while I took a good nap. I decided to take it easy and not strain my muscles, so I sat around and read my new thriller,
The Stolen Hours.
 |
| Afternoon Heavy Rain |
 |
| Storm On The Lake |
Twice during the afternoon we were treated to brief but heavy rainfall, and we even had to leave the porch during happy hour because of it. We received close to a half-inch. By 6:30 we were having dinner — a salad with sea trout mixed in with eggs, tomatoes, and lettuce, a favorite. We watched a couple of episodes of our show,
This Is Going to Hurt, and are liking it more and more. After Evie went to bed, I watched two more episodes of
Safe and have one more to go. It's funny how the show manipulates the viewer as you try to figure out who's responsible for the daughter's disappearance. I have to laugh because it's so obvious what they are doing.
Send that rain to Oregon . There’re lots of wild fires !
ReplyDelete