Tuesday, August 18, 2026

Fog Lifting

6:20

8:16

It's 7:51, a foggy morning, and I was out kayaking for close to an hour. The fog is starting to lift at the moment, and at 6:15 there was a severe weather warning because of the heavy fog.

Kayak Morning

Some Light

Reminds Me Of A Japanese Painting

North

Heron

Monday was a good day, mostly because I felt back to normal. I was able to get in a good paddle, out for an hour, as the rain let up just as I was ready to kayak. When I returned, Evie was up, and we finished and published the blog. I had a few things I wanted to get done, so by 10:00, I was off to Lakewood. I stopped at Ryder's Cup for coffee, then at the dermatology office to make an appointment because I had to cancel my appointment last Friday when I fell. I then went to the Celeron Fire Station, hoping to retrieve my bike. I walked around the building, knocking on three or four doors, but not one seemed to be home. So I drove into Celeron's Town Hall. I talked to a clerk who sympathized, and she called up someone and said a guy would meet me there in ten minutes. So I drove back to the station, waited around for five or ten minutes, checking a couple of doors, thinking someone would come out when I drove up, as the door to the fire engine opened. He got out of the truck, showed me where my bike was sitting, and that was it. We decided to donate to the fire station for their help, and he appreciated our check. I attached my bike to the car and drove off, stopping at the field where I fell and found the hole that caused it. 

Pot Hole 

It was two or three feet wide, a foot and a half deep, and hidden by grass. No wonder I fell. On my way home, I stopped at Walmart for our dinner, a rotisserie chicken, then at a stand for a half dozen ears of corn, then home.

I was home by noon, and Evie was about ready to drive to Jamestown for another doctor's appointment, this time with a pulmonologist. Around 12:30, I had lunch, the leftovers from our Saturday night's dinner, and watched Quarterback on Netflix. By the time the episode was over, I was tired and went upstairs for my daily nap and to read. Evie didn't return until 3:00, having stopped to return some packages at Michaels and shop at T. J. Maxx. At 3:45, I left to meet my buddies for beers at Jack's house on Chautauqua Ridge. He lives on 40-plus acres, with a gorgeous backyard garden. If I didn't have the lake to look at each day, it would be his garden, with its view of a pasture, horses, and trees in the distance. So four of us sat around drinking beers for an hour and a half, a good way to spend a Monday afternoon.

Jack's Garden

Solar Panels

Wildflowers

I didn't get home until after 6:00, and Evie was putting together our dinner, chicken with spinach and potatoes, kind of a stir-fry. We ate around 6:45 and watched a couple more episodes of ER before Evie went up to bed, tired from her busy day. I started a new series, Woman of the Dead, an Austrian/German series which I liked enough to stick with.



1 comment:

  1. That hole looks bad . Hopefully it’s not a highly traveled area or it might get someone else.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...