 |
| Paddling Home |
 |
| 6:24 |
 |
| Heavy Rain At 6:45 |
 |
| 7:27 |
It's 6:55, and I have been sitting out on our front porch, listening to the falling rain. Off to the north, it looks like it might be clearing up, and I will be able to kayak. Right now, however, I am happy to just sit here, enjoy my coffee, and the sound of the falling rain. I finally got out on the lake at 7:45 for an hour, and just as I returned, it started to drizzle. By the way, we did get close to an inch of rain this morning.
 |
| Kayak Morning |
 |
| Northern Sky |
 |
| East |
 |
| Osprey |
Sunday, early and late, were great. Early, I was up and out on the lake for a good hour, enjoying being back out on the lake after a brief hiatus. It was a quiet morning paddle, few boats and a couple of good photos of birds. And as I mentioned in yesterday's blog, Austin stopped by and trimmed our privets in areas where I could not reach. After he left, I did some raking up of the cut privets and have a couple of garbage cans of deadfall and weeds to take up the hill. After I finished the blog with Evie's help, I didn't do much for the rest of the morning, mostly because Evie didn't want me to after my fall on Friday. She wanted to mow the lawn, so I got out the mower for her, moved the cars, and she then took her time mowing on and off during the late morning and early afternoon. It looks great.
 |
| Hydrangea Bloom |
I had the leftover white bean, pancetta, and tomato stew for lunch and watched another episode of Quarterback on Netflix before going upstairs, turning on the AC, and reading and napping, as usual. I am still working my way through The Calamity Club. After my nap, I didn't do much, just a little organizing in my garage and putting away stuff in the garage attic. I showered at 3:45 and was dressed by 5:00 so I could watch the Indiana Fever game until 5:45, when we were going to dinner at friends' home at the Chautauqua Institution.
 |
| Sunday Night Dinner |
About a year ago, we had dinner at Fred and Judy's and met their friends, Subagh and Linda, and it was fun to see all four of them again. We had appetizers out on their back porch as we caught up on all our ailments from the past year. We then moved to more interesting topics: our kids. Dinner was great: salmon, corn pudding, potato and fruit salad, and Linda's amazing bread. For dessert, we had peaches and ice cream. It was a fun night, and we vowed to do it again next year. We were home by 9:30, and Evie went up to bed while I watched another episode of Quarterback before joining her.
No comments:
Post a Comment