Thursday, August 20, 2026

Orange Sky In The Morning


6:18

6:18

7:28

It's late as I start this, 9:20, although I woke at 6:10, kayaked at 6:30 for 50 minutes, was home by 7:30, and drove to Bemus for breakfast at 7:45. That's why I am starting the blog so late.

Kayak Morning

Morning Skiing

Wednesday was a screw-up day. Fortunately, like most mornings, it started well with a paddle. After returning home, I drove to Keystone to get my Kia inspected. I should have been in and out in under 30 minutes. Ray, my mechanic, found the front brakes were basically gone, so he gave me an inspection sticker but told me to bring the car back at 1:00 for new brakes. I left the garage after 15 minutes, stopped at home, then drove to Westfield for a doctor's appointment, a requirement after being in the Emergency Room. My PA checked me over, prescribed some muscle relaxers because my neck muscles were so tight, and ordered a CT scan of my chest, just to make sure I hadn't hurt anything in my fall.

Afternoon Clouds And Green

I was home by 11:00, tired for some reason, so I went upstairs to read but fell asleep for a half hour. Evie made me a couple of sandwiches for lunch to go with the lentil soup. I ate quickly because I had to be back at the garage by 1:00 for the new brakes. It didn't take long since Ray had all the parts, and I left with new front brakes and a $500 bill. Yep. When I got home, I was still tired, so I ended up taking my second nap of the day.

Happy 25th Anniversary

We were going out to dinner to celebrate both of our anniversaries, so we showered and were on our way to Ron and Linda's by 5:15. Ron drove us to the White Inn in Fredonia, where we were fortunate to find seats at the bar. Linda and Ron knew the waitress, who seemed to have bartended at half the bars in the area. We had our usual calamari appetizer, beers for Ron and me, wine for Evie and Linda. Evie ordered the chicken katsu, and I ordered chicken parmesan, and both were just average. Still, we had a good time, enjoyed sitting at the bar, and were on our way home on a beautiful evening by 8:15.

When we got back, Evie was ready for bed, and I stayed up until 10:00 watching my series. So after a crazy morning, the day ended well — a great night celebrating anniversaries with friends.

Our Duly Elected President!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...