 |
| 6:04 |
 |
| 7:59 |
It's 8:10, and Evie's up, enjoying her first cup of coffee with me. I was up at 5:45, alas, and out on the lake by 6:20. It was a beautiful morning for kayaking, the sun filling the lake with its reflection, under a blue sky with a light breeze. I paddled over to Warner Bay on the east side of the lake, a trip that took about a half hour. From there, I followed Long Point to its tip, then crossed over to Sandy Bottom and headed home.
 |
| Kayak Morning |
 |
| North |
 |
| Canadian Geese And Great Blue Heron |
 |
| Victoria And Woodlawn |
 |
| Great Blue |
 |
| Fishing From A Branch |
Yesterday was a good day because I fell back into my routine. I was up early, out on the lake for close to an hour, and had good luck with bird photos. When I got back, I wrote the blog, Evie reread it, and by 9:10 it was published. I had my breakfast of yogurt, granola, and blueberries, then headed off to yoga.
Class was hard, and I worked up a good sweat. As usual, among the nearly 20 gals, I was the only guy. After class, I stopped for coffee and chatted with a couple of my Ryder Cup friends, Bob and Dave, before driving to Home Depot to pick up a few things. Then it was on to Aldi, where I bought three different kinds of cookies! Yep, cookies. I was home by noon, and Evie had been busy, mowing half the lawn and starting to clean the kitchen.
I had lunch around 12:30—leftover pulled pork barbecue and coleslaw—while watching my show. Then I tried to take a nap, but I always seem to have trouble falling asleep and usually end up reading instead. When I came downstairs, Evie was vacuuming the front porch. I powered up the electric mower and finished mowing the rest of the yard, and it looks super. After that, I grabbed the hedge clippers and worked on our privets again, making sure they looked neat and continued to block our view of the cottages.
By the time I finished, Evie was done with the porch, and we were both ready to relax on the front porch with a glass of wine. My new Kindle had arrived, so I downloaded all my books and was happy to see my newest download waiting for me. We sat there enjoying the smell of freshly cut grass and the view across the lake.
By 6:30, Evie had dinner ready: chicken tenders with our neighbor's marinara sauce and spaghetti. It tasted good, and we watched a couple of episodes of a new series, This Is Going to Hurt, about an overworked obstetrician in an English hospital. After Evie went to bed, I ended up watching a couple of episodes of Safe before heading upstairs myself.
“This is going to hurt “ , maybe a bit like that Dr. Martin series ?
ReplyDelete