Sunday, August 9, 2026

A Quiet Morning On The Lake

 

6:33

6:33

It's 8:15 as I start this, and I have been up for two hours. I was out paddling on the lake by 6:40, and for the first half hour, I had the lake to myself. Then a few fishing boats appeared, and later my neighbors skied by. I paddled down Woodlawn, across to Long Point, then back to Wells Bay and home, and was out for 70 minutes. Now both Evie and I are enjoying the morning sun and our coffee as I finish up the blog.

Kayaking

Breakfast is Served

Dives

Yum, A Fish

Osprey

North

Rising Sun

A Different View Of A Great Blue Heron

Saturday was mostly a day of relaxation for both of us, and it felt good to not do much. I got in my paddle, of course, wrote the blog, and published it. We listened to Michael Smerconish on CNN until 10:00, then both of us got the trash ready to take to the Transfer Station. It's a busy place on Saturday morning, and I have a feeling anyone on this side of the lake, not just North Harmony residents, brings their trash there. I was home by 11:00, and Evie was getting a few things done while I finished up my book.

Evie's Zinnia

For lunch, I cooked some rice and topped it with my kuru fasulye, typical Turkish fashion. I loved it, watched my shows, and then decided to read upstairs and nap. When I came down around 2:00, Evie was putting together our dinner — breaded eggplant slices cooked in the air fryer.  Around 4:00, I walked down to get our mail and ended up talking with a couple of neighbors I haven't seen in a while. I then talked with my daughter Beth in Dallas, who is about ready to begin school, since Dallas starts classes this early. She is looking forward to getting back to teaching.

Evening Sky At 8:30

By 5:00, we were on the front porch enjoying the lake view and a glass of wine until 6:30, when Evie made us Chautauqua sandwiches — eggplant, with tomato, cheese, and mayo. Yum. We watched a couple of our shows and around 8:30, the sky clouded up and I expected a storm, but it must have passed us by. I finished up the series Dark Winds before going up to bed to read my new book, The Calamity Club, enthusiastically recommended by my daughter Jill.

Threatening Evening Sky

Dock At 8:35 PM



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...