Wednesday, December 11, 2019

Sunshine And Snow


6:58

7:48

7:49

9:00
 What a contrast to yesterday's gray, a dazzling sunrise, so bright I can hardly look out the window without closing my eyes.  It's cold outside, too, 19º and we had two or three inches late yesterday afternoon, making a morning of white.  The lake is beginning to freeze over in parts so I probably will not be kayaking.

Yesterday began with coffee, the blog and then the decision to kayak despite the cold and gray skies, a good decision because just being out on the lake is salubrious.  When I returned, Evie was busy getting organized in the kitchen, putting the spices we found in Dallas, Urfa, and Maras pepper, in jars.  I felt the need to do something outside, so I went out and worked in the yard, knowing we would get snow later in the day.  The last of fall leaves and a good deal of deadfall littered the lawn and parking area.  So I spent a good hour and a half gathering the leaves and twigs, filling four garbage cans, taking them up to the hill twice.  Once I was done, I felt ready for winter, for the snow, knowing the yard was basically clean and tidy.

Tuesday Afternoon
Evie volunteered to go shopping and leave me home to my routine, lunch, an episode of Jack Ryan, reading and finally a nap.  First, however, I had lunch, vegetable soup from the freezer and a quesadilla, just right.  Evie left as I was eating my lunch, with her list made.  Jack Ryan is disappointing but I have only a few episodes to go so I will stick with it.  I was happy to get back to my Virgil Flowers book and even though I am really enjoying it, I fell asleep and took a great nap, at least an hour and I woke up to snow falling.  Evie returned home around 3;30, the snow not bothering her drive.

Steak Night
Around 5:30, I showered and put on a pair of jeans and flannel shirt because Linda and Ron were picking us up at 6:15. It was Tuesday and must be steak and fries night at Steener's Irish Pub in Greenhurst.  The roads were a bit slick so Ron took his time as the trucks were just clearing the roads and salting them.  We were lucky to find the corner seats at the bar and quickly ordered our Labatt's, 16 oz cans for three bucks, a deal.  The four of us ordered the steak special, two filets or Delmonico's with fries for twenty bucks.  It's always a good choice and best of all, we got out of there for thirty bucks, the best deal around.

The drive home was much better as the roads were salted and we were home by 8:45. We quickly put on more comfortable clothes and watched another episode of The Morning Show on Apple TV+.  We are enjoying the series although last night's episode was one of the weaker ones.  Strangely, it felt like we had never been away for two weeks in Kansas City and Dallas.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...