Thursday, December 12, 2019

Five Swans A Swimmimg

Five Swans A Swimming
7:50

8:07

8:40

9:02
It's 6:30 and I have been up for an hour, listening to Morning Joe rage against the lies/conspiracy theories of the Republican senators,  SNAFU. I am sure many Americans have no idea who to believe anymore, who is telling the truth because it's been so muddied by Trump, his lies, conspiracy theories, his unfounded criticism of institutions like the FBI, and his enablers. The Republican party has become like a cult, with their blind faith in Trump, embracing his lies, doing his bidding.

It's 7:10 as I finish writing the blog, and the sky and lake have turned pink. I noticed a thin skin of ice from the shoreline out maybe thirty yards to open water where a few swans are floating by and surprisingly, I went to sleep to the oh OH or hoo of a bevy of trumpeter swans as well as waking to it.

Swans A Squabbling

Swans A Crusin
Yesterday was for us the first day of winter, cold and a couple inches of snow.  The lake was beginning to freeze so there was no kayaking yesterday morning,  And after finishing up my blog, it took me ten minutes to get the ice and snow off of my car so I could go to yoga class.  It was good to get back to yoga after a couple of weeks of absence.  There were five of us, the regulars, and I left feeling together again after our long drive on Sunday and Monday.  I stopped at Ryders Cup for a coffee and chewed the fat with Dave for a bit before driving to the Self Car Wash and got most of the snow and mud off of our Outback.

When I returned home, I shoveled our driveway, an easy task because we got only a few inches.  Evie had been working around the house, getting it ready for next week when we get our new carpet and furniture.  Lunch was great, egg salad sandwiches on sourdough bread and the last of the vegetable soup.  And I finally finished Jack Ryan, a bore but now I have to find something else to watch at lunchtime.  I did take a nap, a good one and I must still be recovering from our two ten-hour drives from Dallas to the lake.  Neither one of us had much mojo the rest of the afternoon although Evie worked on familiarizing herself with our new photo enhancement app.  It takes time to learn all its strengths.

Moonlit Night
Dinner was marinated salmon, garlic spinach and instead of rice, we made some quinoa.  We watched a couple of Colberts, a few minutes of the impeachment hearings which was enough and then turned back to our series, The Morning Show, and watched two more episodes.  It's like a soap opera, filled with sexual harassment and affairs,  set in a TV studio and hard to stop binging on.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...