Tuesday, December 24, 2019

Gray Early, Sunny Now

Congratulations To Our Grandson Nick, On His Graduation From The University Of Arkansas

7:27

8:01

8:04
It's 7:50 and Evie and I are up, listening to NPR talk about Christmas lights in certain Buffalo neighborhoods.  They seem to be a dearth of lights in this area and nothing we have seen over the years compares with some Dallas neighborhoods. 

Long Point

Victoria/Wells Bay
Monday was back to yoga with a new teacher, who just moved to the area from California.  Go figure.  The class was more like restorative but that was fine with me.  After class, I stopped for a coffee, dropped off some returns to Amazon, hit the liquor store, then Wegman's.  It seems we need to shop almost every day during the holidays.  I ended up getting my car washed, waiting in line as many seemed to have the same idea.

Monday At Noon
It was a beautiful morning when I returned, the sky and lake blue, the lake frozen, and our neighbors were back out skating, enjoying the sun, Evie was making more Buffalo chicken eggrolls using phyllo dough this time instead of egg roll wrappers.  I had a couple for lunch with the last of my white beans stew and I think I like them better than with the wrappers.  I watched Season Two of Peaky Blinders, finished my Michael Connelly novel and napped.  After my nap, we went upstairs and worked on getting the bedrooms ready for our granddaughters and rearranged the attic some, always a mess. 

Skating On Thin Ice
We then took it easy before dinner, either reading or watching some TV.  Evie had put together our dinner earlier, chicken, mushrooms and a masala simmer sauce.  With rice, we had an Indian dinner, topped with yogurt of course.  And we decided to rewatch the movie Spotlight, about the Boston Globe uncovering of the sexual abuse scandal in the Catholic Church.  It reminded us how most institutions will lie, intimidate, lean on victims to avoid the truth.  This, of course, includes Congress and the Presidency.  It's depressing but highlights the need for journalists, their quest to find the truth, or as the Washinton Post motto suggests, "Democracy Dies In Darkness."  Right now, there's too much darkness. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...