Tuesday, December 31, 2019

Paddling In The Snow


Kayak Morning
7:53
The Lake Monday Morning From The Bridge 
It's 8:00 and I have been up since 6:00, trying to find an interesting podcast.  At the moment, the sky and lake are gray, the yard barely white with snow.  It's 33º and windy but I am tempted to kayak but worry about finding enough open water to paddle.  Well, I did it, paddle for 20 minutes, south to the reeds, back to Woodlawn, in a light, wet snow.  Loved it.

Kayaking In Gray

View From Bridge
 Yesterday was a long day, mostly because we drove to Buffalo, to Roswell Park, to get the stitches out of my arm and check the progress of the open wound.  All is good and we were in and out within a half-hour and on our way home.  The sky both out and back was striking, either sunny with blue skies or dark, gray and threatening. I have to admit we were more than happy to finally get back in our house, the drive behind us. 

Buffalo From Roswell

Blue Skies
I was really tired from having a bad night so Evie quickly made me a sandwich and heated up the soup for lunch.  I ate and watched my show but quickly decided I needed a nap.  And I did, sleeping for a good hour.

We did little during the afternoon, by 5:00, however, we were sitting in our new living room, at least it seems that way, with a glass of wine, listening to the news on Sonos, back in a routine. 

Wine Time
Dinner was little fuss, putting together some scalloped potatoes from a box, heating up the leftover ham and making a salad.  We were not sure what to watch on TV so we decided to take a chance on HBO's Watchman, a superhero drama, based on a graphic novel.  It's the type of series we usually avoid.  Surprisingly, we stuck with it for three episodes,  We are not sure what's happening all the time but we understand enough to stick with it.  The genesis is the Tulsa Race Riot of 1921 (when white residents attacked the black residents) and the series takes place in Tulsa in 2019.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...