Friday, October 14, 2016

The Exquisteness Of Early Rising


6:52
7:07
7:18

6:47
6:48 
I was up once again at 5:45, my new awakening time.  Darkness reigned until I began to make out shapes of clouds hanging over the skyline.  It was then one of those amazing morning skies where I kept getting up, putting on my clogs and running outside to take another photo, more spectacular than the last until the fog moved in and ruined it all.

Yesterday morning was a lost morning, as it rained until noon.  We hung out in the house, doing a few things but lacking the mojo we needed to really get things done.  Probably the rain and gray skies contributed to our moods.  It cleared up around noon, just as Evie was leaving to do some shopping. It seemed like a good time to pick up my boat at Snugs, where it was being winterized and power washed.  It was ready, fortunately, and for once the price seemed reasonable, even less than I anticipated.  How many times have I said this.  I then drove it carefully, avoiding the police, because the trailer is not registered and the lights don't work.  I mean, I drive it twice a year three miles each way, so why pay each year to register it when I hardly use it.  I may regret it someday but for now, I made it safely.

Clearing Up At 1:00 PM
My afternoon was typical, a bagel, some ramen and another episode of Longmire.  I am also madly trying to finish my book, THE NIX because the loan expires on my Kindle some time today and I still have a quarter of the book left to read.  I don't think I will make it so I already put it on hold once again.  I highly recommend it, a new hot read.  When Evie got home, the sky had opened, lots of sun and puffy clouds, so I decided to kayak despite the fact that the winds were making waves.  I fought my way north for about 15 minutes, gave up, and tried to surf on the way back, much easier than fighting the winds and waves.  I was out only 20 minutes or so but it was fun.

6:13
At 6:30, our good friends, now residents, Linda and Ron picked us up and we went over to Bemus Point for dinner at the empty Seezurh House.  All four of us have been here often the past few months, ordering the special, ribeye, with salad and potato.  It's been great but both Evie and my steaks were too rare but neither of us wanted to send it back because that's what we ordered.  It was good to see Linda and Ron again, enjoy a night out in Bemus, and catch up on what's been happening in the area the past two weeks.

The Girls
We were home by 8:30 in time to watch the three major TV stations, two replaying and praising the wonderful speech my Michelle Obama, the other station, Fox, refused to play it of course, no doubt because they are 'fair and balanced.'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...