Wednesday, October 12, 2016

Another Chautauqua Morning


7:13
7:19
7:33
7:39
I was up at 6:00, to utter darkness, no surprise by now, waiting and waiting for the sun to rise around 7:35.  And I have been listening to Morning Joe, wondering how they can talk differently about the same old thing day after day.  And what will they talk about once the election is over?

Yesterday was our first full day back at the lake in we reveled in it.  It was sunny and pleasantly cool, perfect weather to be outside.  It felt so good to be back in the comfort of our house and we constantly think about how fortunate we are to live here on Chautauqua Lake.  We had an empty refrigerator, so I went off to Lakewood, back to my routine, stopping for coffee at Ryders Cup, then car wash, then Wegmans and finally the bank.  I was back later than I thought and Evie had lunch ready, her vegetable soup and broiled tuna sandwiches, a nice change from the peanut butter and jelly from the past week.  I watched the first episode of the new season of Longmire; it's like having an old friend stop by for a week.

Morning Visitor And Mole Killer
After lunch I took it easy while Evie put together one of our easiest and best Turkish dinners, tas kebab, stew meat with Turkish spices and tomato sauce served over mashed potatoes.  Around 3:00, both of us went outside to work in the yard.  Evie cut the lawn and I started getting ready for winter by putting away more and more of our summer things, organizing my garage, doing some weeding and watering of trees.  Strangely, few leaves have fallen from our trees, so we will have a busy next couple of weeks when they decide to fall.

Cocktail Hour At The Lake
We relaxed around 6:00, with a long cocktail hour, not wanting to leave our couches until it was absolutely dark, enjoying the sunset.  We spoiled ourselves with a slice of Affinois cheese from Wegman's and some endaname to keep us healthy.  We then had dinner, just what I have been wanting, a tasty, simple stew over mashed potatoes.  No veggies or salads, just a great Tas Kebab. We did not feel like starting a series, so we jumped around, watching the various pundits from the right and left, pontificating on the significance of Donald Trump 'taking his shackles off.'  That was enough for me so I went up to bed early.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...