Saturday, October 22, 2016

Cloudy And Breezy But No Rain


7:58
8:21
It's 8:20 and I have been up for a couple of hours, enjoying my morning coffee, listening to Only A Game as I waited for it to get light enough to take a couple of photographs of the 38º morning.  No spectacular sunrise, just an amalgamation of gray clouds, a gun barrel gray lake and a yard filled with mostly yellow leaves.  Time to get out the lawn mower, Evie.

Yesterday was the second rainy day in a row, in fact, it rained most of the day, a nice, gentle all day rain, totaling five inches in the past 48 hours.  I went to yoga, just five of us and had a few laughs afterwards talking with our teacher, Julie,  about the elections, what else is there to laugh about.  I did stop for coffee, talked with Dave about the new burger bar and micro brew restaurant which would be opening soon, most likely with 15 dollars burgers!  He's not too excited, nor am I.  When I got home, Evie was relaxing with her Ipad, playing words with friends, reading.  This has happened two days in a row, finding her relaxing when I come home.  Obviously, because of the rain, she has not been able to get outside and do things.

Leaf on Rain Splattered Window
Before lunch, we made it our goal to finally put away our air conditioners which have been sitting in the bedrooms for a week, and go through our clothes and other stored items one more time to give to give to Journey's End, a group in Buffalo that works with recent immigrants.  For lunch, I had a leftover enchilada and the last of the lentil soup.  And I hoped to watch another episode of Longmire but Netflix did not seem to be downloading, perhaps a result of the group that hacked into the Internet, taking down other sites.  I was not happy...where is my Netflix!

The rest of the afternoon we took it easy because we were going out for dinner.  Evie turned on the fireplace and we read in the living room, enjoying the fire.  We were showered and off to see our good friends, Linda and Ron's new house by 5:30.  They bought it knowing it will need a major renovation but hopefully, by next spring, they will have a great home on the lake, just like they wanted.  We decided to have a fish fry at the VFW, just a mile away from their house.  We usually go there on Wednesday's for wings, so this was something new.  We always feel welcome at the VFW because everyone is so friendly.  We knew our waitress and Ron and Linda seemed to know quite a few of the patrons as well.  We had fish fries which include a salad bar and we made it just in time as the kitchen closes around 7:00.  Ron brought us four beers, just five bucks! Where can you get four beers for a five bucks!  We left about 8:45, went out to my Honda Accord and it would not start, no matter what I tried.  So we went back in and one of the guys offered to drive Ron home to pick up his car.  Evie, Linda and I sat at the bar, had another beer, checked out if a garage would be open on Saturday for my car,  and enjoyed ourselves waiting for Ron.  He was back shortly and before we got into his car, I decided to try my car one last time... and it started right up.  There must be a car god! So we bid our friends adieu and drove home with some trepidation but we made it, so I can relax this morning and not have to call AAA.

When we got home, we watched more of the pundits (it's a habit now) as they dissected the Al Smith Dinner Thursday night.  O'Reilly of course thought Hillary showed little class only to have Chris Wallace disagree saying Hillary had the right tone but Trump went way over the line, with barbs not appropriate for this particular dinner.  Surprise.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...