Thursday, April 14, 2016

Waiting For The Pop


6:27
6:38
First Pop At 6:45

6:46
I woke at 6:05, jumped out of bed because of the light in our bedroom, headed downstairs, turned on the coffee, got the paper and settled down on my couch with my computer, ready for the morning, for the sun to pop above the horizon at 6:45.  And, guess what, it popped just as expected and now, at 7:12, its light fills our living room, the surface of the lake, the trees, homes, the world of Chautauqua, a daily miracle.  Where did it come from?  Where does it go?  If I had paid attention in science class, I might know.

A Hungry Finch
Yesterday was still cool and crisp ouside much of the day, so neither of us spent much time outdoors.  I went to a good yoga class at 10:00 and it was packed, with even three other guys,  two of them obviously body builders, hoping to loosen up their well muscled bodies.  I don't have that problem. Afterwards, I hoped to get a car wash but there was too long of a line, so I just drove straight home, no Wegman's though I did stop at the bank to cash a check and get some money.  Our dock may be going in soon, so I need cash to pay the guys.

Spring Time Yellow Taking Flight
Dunking For Sun Flower Seeds
When I got home, the house was filled with the aroma of Evie's classic vegetable soup, a pot so full that I could hardly scoop some out to fill my bowl.  Both the washing machine and dryer were going, as the accumulation of dirty clothes from our trip to Folly Beach was finally getting washed and dried, ready for our next road trip to Kansas City and Dallas in mid May.  We basically have a month here at the lake before we leave.  I made a couple of cheese sandwiches, to go with the soup and watched another episode of Game of Thrones.  A great show, lots of skin and violence and a confusing story line.  Their politics, scheming, reminds me of our political world.  Trump would fit in there but not last very long

Our afternoons don't change much.  I read, took a nap, read, and Evie drove off to the gym to get a workout in like a good girl.  It's difficult to restart our yoga or  gym workouts if we have been away from them for a couple of weeks.  So we both have to force ourselves to be good until it becomes natural, a part of our life, our routine.

We were meeting the McClures at the Viking Club at 6:15, so we both showered and drove off around 6:00.  Wednesdays are usually not very busy but the parking lot was crowded as was the bar and some tables in the dining room.  It must be the fact that they are now serving Cuban sandwiches because Linda and Ron, who got there before us, ordered us sandwiches because they were down to their last two Cubans.  It was good to see lots of Vikings, some of them regulars, like Doug and Dawn, others new to us, Deborah, from Smith Library.  I think it was also that it was a beautiful evening to be on the lake.  We enjoyed our sandwiches along with a beer and it was good to see the McClures again.  They have been up for a week, enjoying the snowfall the past week.

7:42 Sunset At Viking Club
We stayed until around 8:15, long enough to know we lost the raffle.  We were home by 8:00, quickly changed into our sweats, and sat down in the TV room to catch up on both The Americans and Better Call Saul.  One of the nice thing about a vacation is the queue of TV shows waiting to be watched.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...