Wednesday, April 13, 2016

"O What A Beautiful Morning"


6:03
6:10
6:47
6:48
6:49
I was up just before 6:00, to a burgeoning pink sky, with hardly a ripple on the lake, and a pair ducks drawing lines on its surface.  It's warming up some, 37ยบ, and it looks like a fine day, a sunny weekend, each day getting warmer than the next.

Yesterday was a glorious morning, great sunrise, coffee, enjoying a relaxing couple of hours early in the morning, marred only by the pundits on MSNBC.  I had gone to bed Monday night, determined to do nada Tuesday, just sit back and let the day go by.  Evie was in agreement.  That lasted only an hour or two, as I decided to go off to yoga at 9:30, breaking my vow, and Evie decided to see if the Jones, our neighbors from Houston, who are up here for a week, were free for dinner.  They were, so Evie quickly made up a list for Wegman's and I took off for yoga.  It was good to get back on the old mat, stretching and yanking this aging body.  Afterwards, I did feel refreshed, ready to hit Ryder's Cup for a coffee and Wegman's on Senior Discount Day.  As usual, I zoomed through Wegman's, getting only what was on the list, avoiding any sort of browsing but settled in the wrong line, of course, the one where the shopper pays their bill with a check.

I was home around noon and Evie was busy in the kitchen, getting the first course, chicken picata organized.  She seemed happy to be in her kitchen, busy with prepping.  For lunch, I had a couple of hot dogs and refreshed my memory of the first five episodes of Games of Thrones, so I could more easily understand the confusing plot lines when I watched episode 6.  I am finally starting to get it, slowly but surely.

I then read, tried to take a nap but did not seem tired.  I wanted to go outside and get something done, clean the yard or wash the car but it was bitter cold, a result of a biting wind, so I just stayed in and read, listened to POTUS and helped Evie in the kitchen as needed.

Long Point, Late Afternoon
Pat and Dave Jones came over 6:00, at what used to be twilight but is now still sunny afternoon, especially on the east side of the lake.  We enjoyed shrimp cocktail as an appetizer, what used to be a once or twice a year treat when we were young, and some drinks.  We caught up on their life in Houston the past eight months, their family, and we regaled them with our vacation at Folly Beach last week.  Dinner was great, of course, chicken picata, rice, garlic spinach, and a salad.  We had a French rose along with the chicken and it was quite nice.  We spent the rest of the evening in the living room, sipping Turkish tea, munching on chocolate chip cookies that Pat had made, and listening to music on Apple music, which is fast becoming our way of spending an evening with friends.  They left just about 10:00 and will drive first to Washington on Thursday, then fly back to Houston on Friday.

Spring Dinner With Pat And Dave Jones
Evie had rinsed the dishes right after dinner, so we put them off until this morning an watched some TV and read until bed time.  A good first day back at the lake.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...