Saturday, September 26, 2015

Dawn Oeuvres

6:44
6:49
6:51
6:58
I know I probably have said this before but each morning is like waking up to a masterpiece.  This morning was no exception as I kept walking out to take photograph after photograph, each morning sky better than the last. And this morning was a bit special as I was serenaded to the the singing of the National Anthem, then Rocky's Theme by the Long Point Marina's speaker system, heralding the beginning of a fishing tournament, all before 7:00.  That was a first.

Yesterday we woke up with resolve, to get things done in and out of the house.  But by the time we got back from a fine kayak paddle, that resolve had dissipated, so we mostly wasted or relaxed the rest of the day, occasionally breaking the leisure for lunch or dinner but that was about it for the day.

It did feel good to be out on the lake again, like we hadn't been kayaking in ages (it had been four days). When we got back, both of us were shocked by the number of leaves that had fallen on our lawn over the past three or four days.  I was surprised Evie didn't immediately gas up the mower and start mulching.

Earlier in the week, I had gotten calls from both Ashville and Smith Libraries, to notify me that I had books on hold.  So I jumped in my new Subaru and took off to get my books, trying to figure out how to work the various gadgets as I drove.  I successfully figured out how to use the 'cruise control' but that was about it.  I will have to wait for Evie to give me a quick education on the radio and GPS. And now that I have three cars, we have a parking problem to solve as well as what to do with one or two during the winter.  Leave them out in the Chautauqua cold or  rent a space in a barn.  I eventually will get rid of one of them, but they both have their advantages so for now, I will put off making a decision, no surprise.

Much of the afternoon, Evie fought the winds on the dock, finally succumbing and moving to the porch. Fortunately, the book she had been reading, which had expired on her Ipad, I was able to find at the library so she was happy.  Around 6:00, Evie found the mojo to start dinner, one of our favs, scallops with garlic, vermouth, chicken broth and lemon, served over pasta.  Yum...it's the best. We also had corn, still quite good and a salad, and we watched the last compelling episode of The Fall, as good as we hoped.  By the time it ended, we were tired enough to go up to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...