Sunday, September 20, 2015

Attending The Church Of Nature


6:45
7:00
7:20
7:34
It's now almost 8:00, have been up since 6:15 and Evie, the lucky girl, just got up.  The pre sunrise sky has been spectacular, lots of clouds, colors, shadows, so that  I didn't know when to take a photograph but I did.  It's much cooler, as fall is in the air, a modest 50º out, bracing when I went out to get the paper.

Yesterday we finally got the rain we have been wanting, perhaps more than we wanted (1.25 inches).  It rained early when I went off to dispose of my paints, tires, etc, at the Cummings Engine Plant.  I got there at 8:00 and there was already a line up of cars and trucks, filled with stereos and TV's.  I was out and on my way home within 15 minutes, the employees of Cummins efficient and helpful.  What a great way for Cummins to give back to the community.  Neighbors went later in the morning and had to wait close to an hour to get through the line.  I was surprised they would not take an old air conditioner but when I took my trash to the Transfer Station later in the morning, they took it without a question.  And that was my business for the day.

Evie, meanwhile, spent a good part of the morning and afternoon on the phone, with our kids, who called to wish her a happy birthday.  It was cloudy and threatening much of the afternoon, keeping us inside but around 3:00, Evie decided clouds or not, she was going to enjoy the dock.  So while I sat inside watching Ohio State play for a quarter (they looked bad), she enjoyed the dock, wrapped in a towel because of the breeze.  I finally decided to kayak and fish, took off for Long Point, then fished by the reeds, catching nothing of course, then hurried home as the clouds began to gather.  Within 15 minutes of my returning, the sky opened up, the winds picked up, and we had a vicious storm for about forty five minutes, heavy winds, pounding rain, flooding the yards and roads, sending more mud into the lake, alas,  While this was going on, we were both showering and getting dressed to go out to Brazill's in Westfield with the Mc Clures, to celebrate Evie's birthday.

The Birthday Girl And Linda
It had stopped raining by the time we picked them up so the drive to Westfield was easy.  We parked literally in front of the restaurant and our table was waiting.  It was busy but not overly so as I assume the end of the Chautauqua Institution season has cut into their business.  Now its just locals like us that patronize it.  We really like the atmosphere, the food, always good because their menu remains the same, with the exception of a special each night.  Evie and Linda had the salmon, Ron the steak special and I had scallops.  All were good and for dessert and her birthday, Evie got a grape/peach pie which we all shared.

We were home by 9:30 and for some reason I was wiped out, perhaps getting up so early was catching up, so I went up to bed and fell sound asleep, trying to read my book.

Today we hope to go to the twice cancelled Chalk Walk in Jamestown later in the day, always fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...