Thursday, September 10, 2015

A Gray Morning For Once


7:20
7:26
It's now 7:20 and the sun is still not visible, hidden behind the clouds on an overcast morning.  It's been a while since we had a morning like this.  It's cooled off some, only 59 and the high will be in the low 70's.

 It rained some yesterday, a miracle of sorts, not a lot but enough to water the ground, nourish some of he plants, perhaps 2/10ths of an inch according to my gauge.  Evie had a bad night sleeping, so she took it easy most of the day.  I did get in a nice kayak paddle around 10:00, to Long Point, then Whitney Bay where I realized the storm clouds were coming my way, so I paddled hard all the way home but, of course, by the time I got home, it had cleared up.  About an hour later, it did finally rain, just about the time Evie took off for the dentist, for a teeth cleaning, just what she wanted to do.
Finally, It Rained
I meanwhile had an avocado/tomato bagel with soup, and watched some tennis, quickly got bored and went back to an episode of Longmire.  While Evie was out at the dentist, and shopping, I read and spent some time talking with Suburu dealers as I am getting serious about a new car.  The local dealer has no Outbacks, apologize and told me to call a dealer in Buffalo or Erie.  So I made the mistake of calling a couple of dealers and all I have been getting is phone calls and emails from them, wanting to know when I am coming in.  The larger dealers at least have an Outback to test drive though they are hard to come by.  I am not going to enjoy this process, of dealing with a salesperson, most likely a women because that's all who seem to answer my emails.  Supposedly, if you order an Outback, it's a ten to twelve week wait.  We may go off today to test drive both a Honda CRV and a Outback today, if we get enough mojo to leave the house.  The thought of it makes me want to just lie down on the couch.

At Pine Junction, With Barb and Jim Fox
Around 5:30, we walked over to our neighbors, the Fox's house for a beer and appetizers, a lovely early evening on their great porch, great view, almost as good as ours!  They then drove us, in their new Suburu Forrester, to Pine Junction, both of our favorite burger place in the woods.  We were able to get our seat at the bar, so that we could sit across from each other, and sample various micro brews most of the evening.  Without telling  Evie, I ordered a bottle of "Not Your Fathers Root Beer.'  When she tasted it, she went crazy, screaming she loved it.  And it does taste just like root beer, maybe better, with a 6% kick.

Yum
Everyone had burgers except me.  I wanted something different so I had the haddock fish fry, decent but I should have ordered a burger.  We sat at the bar until about 9:00, talking about all the things we remember about growing up in the Cleveland area, like Higbees, The Silver Grill, Little Italy's Golden Bowl,  and so forth.  Despite their being 15 years younger than us, we had lots of the same memories.  It was a fun evening.  We got home around 9:45, time to watch some tennis, junk TV, read and go to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...