Saturday, November 8, 2014

Slashes Of Orange Over Tom's Point

6:51
7:15
Awake in my bed, deciding whether to get up when I hear more duck hunters, firing away on the lake.  Guess it was time to get up.  A streak of light towards the southeast welcomed me to an otherwise gray morning on the lake. I missed most of Click and Clack but it will be replayed at 10:00 on NPR, where Ray remembers Tom and plays some of their best shows.  It's amazing how many people loved this show, made it part of their life, like us, on Saturday mornings.

We were serenaded early yesterday with the rhythm of rain/sleet on our roof, not a promising morning.  Nevertheless,  I toughed it out, ran to my car and drove to yoga with Courtney, a class of five.  She has changed her class quite a bit, a result of taking Dariel's teacher training class at Studio Panterra in Westfield.  It's made her a better teacher, her classes more interesting and seems to attract more students as well.  In other words, teachers do make quite a difference.  And we talked about how much fun it is to take classes from different teachers, each with their own philosophy and way of doing things.  Today,  for example, there will be a substitute teacher, no doubt very different from our regular Saturday morning class.

On the way home, I drove to Sam's for gas, the cheapest I have seen it in New York state in five or six years, $3.31 a gallon. I guess the Republican tsunami is already making a difference.  I then went to the Smith Library, picked up a book I had on reserve, to add to the three other books I have sitting on my bookshelf, to go along with the two I have saved on my Kindle.  Yikes.  Better finish my Scott Turow, mostly because I find it tedious but it's difficult to not finish a  book.  Must be my rough childhood upbringing acting out again. When I got home, I got right to it, putting the doors on our stereo cupboard and viola, no problems, put them on in ten minutes, a miracle.  They look great but are so much newer looking, having been in the attic for 15 years.

Another burrito for lunch, yum, and we watched Stewart before I adjourned to the couch, to read and take a nap, tired for some reason but it was a good day for a nap, as it was sleeting and gray outside, definitely not kayaking or hiking weather.  I did take a short walk through the camp ground around dusk, as is my wont, a pick me up before dinner.  When I got back, Evie had showered and was feeling energized, after a busy morning, a lazy afternoon.

We relaxed with a glass of wine, listened to our new favorite station, POTUS on Sirius radio and had a simple dinner, toasted cheese sandwiches with bacon, vegetable soup, and a salad with blue cheese dressing.  Neither of us felt much like fussing.  We watched three more episodes of FARGO, and enjoy its echoes of the movie.  We don't love it but find it interesting enough to keep watching despite the violence, the kind the Coen brothers have always been known for since their first film, Blood Simple, which I still remember because of the scene where a guy sticks a knife through another guy's hand.  And of course, who can forget the chain saw scenes in FARGO.  We also watched the recent episode of Parenthood, and were left with the question whether Julia and Joel will save their marriage.  Such tension. Or will he "murder her" as a fan wrote on the web, in jest I hope.

New Think: from yoga two days ago: "Ego Is Not An Amigo"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...