Thursday, November 13, 2014

A Dusting Of Snow

7:14
Wednesday, Late Afternoon
I awoke around 6:45, anxious to rise because 3-5 inches of snow were forecast. Alas, so far, we only have a dusting, mostly covering the roofs, little sticking to the ground.  We will have to see what the day brings with the temperature at 28ยบ at the moment.  The lake and sky are a dull gray, like a rainy morning, not a whisper of wind.  The only motion, the birds flying back and forth to our feeder in the front window.

A busy day yesterday, but did not accomplish much.  It started with yoga at 10:00, lots of work on our legs, and for some reason, squatting seems to be big.  I guess its good for you but I don't particular enjoy squatting for five minutes.  On the way home, I stopped at Hogan's, picked up a sub sandwich for my trip to Erie.  When I got home, Evie was busy making dinner, Santa Fe chicken, one of my Dad's favorites because it's braised with a spicy tomato sauce with hominy in it.  I left for Erie around 12:15, got to the dealer at 1:00, and it took over an hour to get my oil changed, the car supposedly checked over.  For some reason, they could not bleed my brakes, to change the brake fluid, at least they did not have time to fool with it.  Great.  I am going to have to take it to a mechanic nearby on Friday to see if they can do it.  I am losing my infatuation with Bianchi Honda as they did not seem very helpful, even sending me away with a break lamp on, something new to my car.  Another great.

I didn't get home till 3:00, to an empty house, as Evie was off on errands to Wegman's and to get her hair cut.  She didn't get back until  4:00, with lots of veggies for the next couple of days but no meat since we have quite a bit stored in our chest freezer.  We are ready for the next four or five days with our meals.  It was overcast, starting to get dark, but I wanted to get some air, so I went out, picked up more twigs and branches in our front yard.  I think we have the only tree that loses branches and twigs daily.  I walked down Victoria, in the front yards, even for a bit along the sandy beach in front of three or four neighbors homes, as the lake is quite low.  I was outside for only a half hour but it was enough to energize after an afternoon in Erie.

Since dinner was made, we relaxed with a glass or two of wine, listened to NPR, and read or surfed the Internet.  Dinner was great, and we had the first brussel sprouts of the fall, as they are starting to appear fresh in the supermarkets.  We watched Phillip Seymour Hoffman's last film, A MOST WANTED MAN, based on a John Le Carre espionage novel.  It was confusing at first, set in Hamburg, Germany, and Hoffman is a German undercover agent, trying to infiltrate Islamic terror units.  He manages to discover the man responsible for most of the funding but at the last moment, the Americans step in and ruin his well laid plans.  It was strange to see a film where Americans are not always the heroes, can make mistakes, and don't follow the rules.  Anyways, we both liked the film, then watched the rest of yesterday's concert we DVRd, with amazing performances by Metallica, Rihanna and Eminem.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...