Sunday, June 1, 2014

Virginia On Our Mind

5:49
6:03 
It's early, of course, 5:45. and we were mostly packed last night, so all we have to do is put our bags in the car and we are off to see Jill and her family in Bristow, VA, for a week.  It's an easy seven hour drive so we should arrive there around 2:00 or 3:00.  It could not be a lovelier morning on the lake, windless, cloudless, a crisp 52º.  A good day for a road trip.

Yesterday was a picture perfect day, but we couldn't enjoy it much, other than relaxing on the dock because we were packing and getting the house and yard ready for a week hiatus.  I did go to yoga at 9:00 with Chris, with two new students, two old smoothies, so he was happy.  I came straight home because I knew we had lots to do.  We had done some spring cleaning, so I had lots to take to the Transfer Station, always a good feeling to get rid of stuff you no longer need.  While I was gone, Evie made oatmeal cookies, for the girls, Hayden and Halle.

I had one of my favorite lunches, leftover noodles, with eggs, and this time I also had some left over garlic spinach to round out the good triangle.  Most of the afternoon, we were either on the dock reading or in the yard working.  I finished edging the brick walk, Evie cut the lawn, then worked some in her garden, and I got stuff out of the attic, and organized it, all of which was for my boat so I will be ready to launch it when we get back in a week.
Late Afternoon
Around 6:00, we were finished with our work; our bags were packed, were ready to go but instead of 'leaving on a jet plane,' we sat on the front porch for an hour, with drinks, this time a rare bloody mary for me, with lots of horseradish and Tabasco, the way I like it.  It was a cool night, though comfortable, not a lot of action on the deep blue lake.  Summer is coming.  We were entertained by the chirps of the martins occasionally flights of barn swallows, and fortunately, no leaf blowers or lawn mowers for once.  There is a god!

Evie made a pasta sauce with mushrooms for dinner, along with beets, salad, and cole slaw, so there was nothing to complain about a dinner before a trip.  It was another beautiful evening at the lake, hardly any action on the lake.  It does not get much better than today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...