Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Morning Haze

Sadly, Our One And Only Peony 
5:55
Well, I did not get up till 6:45 and was surprised to see the coffee made, Evie sitting in the living room, on her iPad, writing an email to my sister Ellen.  Aren't I supposed to be the first one up, the man of the house.  Because of the warm weather, the humidity, the lake is hazy, the trees seemingly dripping with moisture.  It's supposed to be very warm today, with thundershowers moving in tonight if not earlier.
Pensive Boy
Yesterday was my first yoga day in a month if not more.  It was good to get back on the mat, class was small, and we did some interesting things, like walking on our mat while try stretching our toes, something I have never done before.  Afterwards, I shopped briefly at Wegman's, picking up a few things for Evie and came home and took the cover off our boat, to let it air out after nine months covered in a garage.  I wanted to watch  the Germany/Portugal World Cup game at 11:30, so I made lunch and watched Germany score two goals early.  I am interested in the German team because a Turk, Mesut Ozel, plays for them and is one of the top ten players in the world.  The rest of the afternoon we relaxed and read, waiting for the USA/Ghana soccer game at 5:30.  I taped it so we could go for a boat ride before dinner, then watch it while we ate.
Enjoying Our First Lake Cruise Of The Summer
Around 5:30, we cruised the lake for an hour, dismayed by the masses of floating sea weed, off of the shore front in Stow.  I had to reverse my engine a couple of times after getting out of the weeds.  When we cruised Bemus, I also had to avoid the heavy, high weeds, cruising quite a distance from the shore.  This does not bode well for the summer, though we don't have many weeds yet.  Let's hope the waters  around Woodlawn stay weed free.
Late Afternoon Clouds
For dinner, we had a dinner we have grown to really like, polenta, with mushrooms and spinach, on the side, a couple of fried eggs on top.  Healthy and tasty.  We watched the entire US soccer game though I missed the first minute, carrying our food into the TV room, thus the goal.  I rewound it so I could watch it again.  The US then played defense for the rest of the 90 minutes or so it seemed, and won on an amazing header by a twenty one year old rookie substitute.  The soccer gods were smiling on the US.  Both of us are into our books, so we went up to bed to read early.  And Evie discovered that the book she's reading, The Unlikely Pilgrimage of Harold Fry, recommended to her by my sister Ellen, is also one of our daughter Beth's favorite books.  I guess I will have to read it too.

It's now 8:00 and Evie has already started our dinner, eggplant Parmesan hoping to get it done before it gets to warm.  And I am off to yoga in an hour.  The rest of the day we may stay inside, in our closed up house, ten degrees cooler than the outside.

Random Think:  "All he had to do was place one foot in front of the other.  The simplicity of it was joyful.  If he kept going forward, he would, of course, arrive."  from The Unlikely Pilgrimage of Harold Fry.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...