Sunday, June 15, 2014

Early Morning Fog Rolls In


Evie With Her Dad, Fast Eddie, April, 2012, Scottsdale, AZ
Scrubbing Clams With My Dad, Early 1980's
Remembering our Dad's, Ed Petkovsek and Frank Davis, two good guys.  We miss them.

6:01
6:01
I was up just before 6:00, fog obscuring much of the shoreline though I was able to make out our dock and boats.  It is chilly, thus the fog, a 48ยบ outside, just 60 inside, a cool start to the morning here at the lake.  I am not complaining, just observing.  This is the kind of weather we like, cool but with a sunny afternoon to come.

Saturday was a big World Cup day, with four games on, spread out during the day, so I watched bits and pieces of two or three of  them, not sure why.  But I am beginning to get to know some of the players, which makes it more interesting.  My major task for the day, dropping trash off at the Transfer Station, then continuing on to Lakewood, to pick up a few things at Home Depot and Wegman's.  I may have mentioned the other day that we are both hooked on Turkey Hill's chocolate peanut butter ice cream, so I picked up two more half gallons, to sweeten our evenings after dinner. Yum.

It was cloudy most of the morning, clearing up only around 1:30 but it remained cool, in the 60's, so it was not boating weather.  But it was a grand afternoon to be outside, so both Evie and I did what we like best.  Evie cut the lawn and I rode my bike from the Bemus bridge, down to the lake, out to Long Point Park, out to the point and back, about an hour.  It was perfect weather for both lawn cutting and biking, reminiscent to both of us of a fall day except for the green.

The Kinney's, our neighbors, invited us over for wine and appetizers around 5:30.  I went over and it was a perfect late afternoon on the lake, stunning blues of the lake, greens of the lawn and trees, all highlighted by the sunshine.  We sat on their great porch, with their three sons, their two dogs, and our other neighbors, the Fox's and Bergen's.  Lots of good appetizers and wine, I stayed until about 7:00 before going home.  For dinner, Evie had put together one of my Dad's favorites, clam linguini, so I had that along with a salad for dinner.  We were both very tired from our day so we knew we were going to bed early.   We did watch some TV, the usual, Stewart and Colbert, and one more episode of Orange Is The New Black, a show that always seems to shock us even after 15 episodes.  Evie was up in bed by 9:30 and I followed shortly.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...