Thursday, June 12, 2014

Gray and Cloudy, Perhaps Thundershowers Later

7:00
Amazing, I did not get up till 7:00.  I guess that's what would be called sleeping in for me.  Evie, however, was up quite early, at 5:00, so she has been working on pictures for our Summer Album of 2013.  The lake looks like wrinkled paper this morning, a cool breeze but it's still humid.

Yesterday we both took it easy, relaxing and reading and watching some TV.  Around 11:00, I did go off to Lakewood to do some shopping, pick up some things I need to get my boat in order.  I hope to put it in the water tomorrow morning if the weather cooperates.  Anyways, I stopped at Sam's, to return a noisy fan we bought earlier in the week, then at Wegman's for a few things, then Walmart, for oil for my boat, then home.  It seems like I shop almost every other day for something, which is bad planning on my part.  

Evie spent most of the afternoon, like this morning, gathering photos from the couple thousand plus we took last summer.  She tries to make sure there are equal number of each family member, with an emphasis on grandchildren, and at least of anyone who has come to visit, or picnics or parties that were memorable.  So friends as well as family may be in the album.  And this year, unlike last year, where Evie made digital photographs from Walmart and put them in order in a photo album, she is working through an online sight called Shutterfly.  About four years ago, I made an online album for a friend in Turkey who was so good to us when we visited in 2009.  It was through Apple, however, but it was fun to make once you understood the process and it turned out great.  I wished I had ordered an album for myself and for some reason, trashed the old album.  Why does it seem that when we throw something away, we seem to want it a few weeks or months later.  Murphy's law?

For dinner, we had the leftover chicken, but Evie made some Stove Top dressing and mashed potatoes and gravy with it, so it was like a Sunday chicken dinner with all the fixings.   We decided to start the second season of Orange Is The New Black.  We watched the first two episodes and were not particularly taken with it, like last year when we almost stopped watching after new or three episodes but kept with it, eventually like it. We went to bed around 11:00 and it had been raining outside, on and off for the past few hours.

Breakfast in twenty minutes, likely our penultimate breakfast until next fall.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...