Monday, June 16, 2014

Another Too Early Mornng


5:55
6:05
Fishing On A Sunday Morning
I walked out on the dock at 5:45, the sky a mix of clouds and colors, the sun just about to rise.  A fisherman just puttered off, hoping to get the early fish.  It's a mild 55º, warming some from Saturday's 46º, and lots of sun today and tomorrow.

We both just relaxed and enjoyed our Sunday, with no tasks on the to do list, other than read on the dock for Evie, watch some World Cup for me, in between bouts of relaxing and reading on the dock. I did kayak around 9:00, before the boaters descended on the lake.  It was a great morning to be on the lake, blue skies, warming and I was able to take a couple of pictures.  And I was able to paddle within 10 feet of a common loon, I think, before he dove and I watched his shape swim away under water, going at least 50 feet.  Amazing swimmers.
LOON
Around 11:00, I drove off to Wegman's, again, to pick up a specialty beer for Linda McClure's birthday and stopped at the wine store with a list of wines from the NYTimes wine column, all recommended and discussed.  Unfortunately, Evans Wine did not have even one, so I left the list and we will have to see if they will order some.  I came home and made a couple of eggs with leftover linguine noodles, nothing like buttery, fried noodles with fried eggs.  I then watched some of the World Cup, Evie finished up the picture book, ready to send in today.

We both spent lots of time on the dock, and the lake was busy with boaters, as this has been the first really nice Sunday of the past month, so everyone seemed to be out on the lake.  Fortunately, most cruise past Long Point and do not bother us here along Woodlawn.  I also noticed mega numbers of boats parked off of Sandy Beach, near Wells Bay, the party spot on the lake.
Marisa Dancing
Evie's really into her book, The Unlikely Pilgrimage of Harold Fry, recommended by my sister, Ellen, so it was hard to get her off the dock.   Late in the afternoon, I talked to our daughter Beth, who called to wish me a Happy Father's Day.  They had spent Saturday at Marisa's Dance Recital, Sunday at her soccer game, so they had a busy weekend.
Dinner!
The Mc Clures had invited us for Sunday dinner, to celebrate Linda's birthday which is today.  It was the perfect evening, the nicest day of the summer so far, mild temperatures, no breeze, blue skies, the trees the healthy green before the hot summer begins to turn them.  We sat on their porch, enjoying a beer for an hour, then went in for a great  salmon dinner, with a tasty sauce, cooked perfectly by Ron, the master chef.  Along with the salmon, we had salad with homemade blue cheese dressing, roasted asparagus, sesame noodles, and a lovely wine.  We went home after dinner because Evie was getting tired.  When we got home, I watched some of the NBA finals, but went up to read when it looked like the game was in the Spurs control.

It's now 8:00 and I just returned from eating my breakfast on the dock.  When I walk out, I create quite a commotion among the barn swallows and martins, who swoop and dive when I threaten their nests. Once I sit, they relax and go back to their nesting.  Barn swallows have built a nest under our dock and I am sure they have babies.  The two parents sat on our neighbor's dock for about five minutes while I was eating, checking to see if I was a threat before finally flying under the dock to feed their babies. They then swoop off, to catch insects, before bringing them back to feed their chicks.

Today I begin my yoga classes after a month hiatus.  I need to get back into my routine of yoga and either walking or riding my bike.  I have been too much of a Joey Bimbo lately, couching it.  But today the World Cup features two great matches, Germany and Portugal at 11:30 and the USA at a5 5:30 so I am sure I will be on the couch for a good portion of these games.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...