Thursday, October 27, 2011

Wet and Gray and 38 Degrees

More leaves, lots of gray at 9:30
Back at the lake, up later than usual, about 7:00, mostly because I woke at 4:30 and didn't get back to sleep till who know what time.  I don't get it.  Why do I wake so early?  It's now about 7:40 and I have breakfast at 8:00 at the Bemus Point Inn.  Eveything's gray outside, the sky, the lake, the shoreline, however, is dark, with an occasional light flickering, the tree limbs in our yard, fingers reaching down from the sky as I look outside from my chair.

This past Tuesday at 8:04....what a difference from today's gray!

Other than breakfast, nothing seems to be on the agenda.  I do want to hike, even in the rain, get some exercise since I feel as if I have done little but eat and drink the past two weeks, a result of our trip East to visit friends and family.  Sunrise is at 7:44 but there's little evidence it's about to rise other than a lightening sky.  Today's high is supposedly 40, the low 27, with snow forecast for this evening. Amazing to think summer's gone, fall just about, and winter's on its way.

We took a walk in the rain at Long Point, in the high 30's, came home to homemade vegetable soup and toasted cheese.  Spent the afternoon reading and watching the rain turn to sleet, occasionally to snow though nothing stayed on the ground.  We are going off shopping around 5:00, then dinner at the Rod and Gun.  There special tonight is stuffed pork chops for 6.95...a bargain.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...