Thursday, October 6, 2011

A Perfect Fall Morning

Breakfast at Bemus Point Inn
Crisp and cool, about 41, when I got up to darkness at 5:30, the day has just gotten better and better, the from orange early sky, to the rising sun, the the huge clouds of fog off to the southern tier of the lake as I drove across the bridge this morning to breakfast, to now, a brilliant almost blinding sun shining on the lake, still cool, about 48 at 9:50 in the morning.

7:02

7:18

7:42

7:45

All five were are breakfast, as you can see and we talked about the health of the lake, a topic among everyone these days and about incompetent people, especially leaders, who we have had the misfortune to have worked for.  I kept my mouth shout as they told great stories about one of the Presidents of CI, how they disliked him, wondered how he ever was hired, and did everything possible to avoid seeing him or even talking with him.  Sounds familiar.  Eventually he was found out by the board, fired with severance, of course, but not till he had been there for three years.

I went off about noon to pick up our lawn mower, which needed a new clutch cable.  I couldn't pass up the quarry, picked up some sand and top soil, what my friend Stan Marshaus suggested I lay down to get rid of low spots on the lawn.  For the rest of this beautiful day, blue skies, no wind, cool but not cold, we sat out on the dock, read, then took a nice boat ride, floated around reading off of Long Point and then came home to relax, from what I am not sure, but we are now listening to NPR, enjoying a class of wine, as the yard and dock are now in shadows, as the sun begins to hide behind the Pine Hill trees.  A good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...