Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Last Swim of 2011

Chilling
A cloudy morning, 59 degrees, the first of many, as our week of Indian Summer seems to have ended.  I cannot say enough about how wonderful the week has been, how different from other weeks out here.  We literally had the lake and neighborhood to ourselves, except for the weekend, and we just relaxed on our lounges, on the dock, and read, dozed, and basically just enjoyed the spectacular beauty of fall here at the lake. The trees seem to be at their peak, the sun warming but not hot, the water filled with reflections of the shoreline, and nothing that we had to do. We would look around and not a neighbor was in sight, occasionally a fishing boat might appear off of Long Point.  It was like we were on an island, all ours. How nice it is.

More Chilling
We also got in the final swim; even I went in.  I have to admit there is nothing as refreshing as diving underwater in 61 degree water, shocking at first but then invigorating and energizing.  We did not stay long, though Evie washed her hair for the last time as well.  I got out, in my boxers, and didn't even need a towel the air was so warm compared to the water.  Of course, the warm air helped, encouraged me to jump in with Evie, but so did the beauty of the day, the sun, the colors, the water, the fact that we were alone in our world of Chautauqua. I am beginning to wax poetic so I will stop.  But it was exhilarating.



Lost?

7:10
Today, we start getting organized, Evie's getting her hair dyed and cut, shopping, and I have to take my boat up to the storage garage, hit the library, cancel mail and papers, little details like that.

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...