Sunday, October 2, 2011

Rainy, Windy, Gray Day

8:06
It's about 7:15, I have been up for about 45 minutes, a constant light rain, and the hum of the wind fills the room along with NPR's On the Media.  The lake looks like a fast flowing river this morning, waves moving from north to south, fog being blown along its surface, various shades of gray and wind created waves marring it's once placid surface, as an occasional sea gull flaps wildly.  I have to say I enjoy this type of day but not too many of them in a row.   It was 43 when I got up, though 60 inside, so I decided not to turn on the fireplace as I am comfortable with my fleece.

We had Ron and Linda over for dinner last night, a great lasagna, Chianti, and chocolate chip cookies for dessert.  We decided to watch a movie, something unusual for us, CONVICTION, a relative new movie, a true story, about a sister who works for 16 years, finally getting a law degree, so she can prove her brother's innocence of a murder.  With the help of Barry Scheck, of OJ fame and DNA evidence, and persistence and luck, she does it, proving the blood at the scene was not his, getting two key witnesses to recant their testimony, admitting they were coerced into telling stories by the female police captain.  It actually has a happy ending though we all thought the brother would never make it on the outside.  A  bit slow but worth watching, as she overcomes one obstacle after another, sacrificing her marriage and family and friends in the process.
Lasagna

Ah, Chianti
It's now about 5:30 and it has been raining all day, a gentle but constant rain, the kind I remember from previous fall weekends.  The leaves are falling, a huge branch came down over night, the pumpkins are appearing on porches, the air is cool and crisp and it's beginning to feel like fall at last.  We walked in the CI for about 45 minutes, with umbrellas and rain coats, of course, and came home, had my favorite meal of the week, toast, eggs, and a few pieces of bacon.  We then spent the afternoon reading, watching a little football, and I put together my bread, which needs to rise for 18 hours, this time a rye.  Let's hope it's good, as I feel like making Reuben's for dinner Monday or Tuesday.  It's nice and toasty in side, for us, 62 and 44 outside, still gray and misty.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...