Monday, October 10, 2011

A Full Year of Blogging

7:50
7:10


Paddling at Long Point

Our neighbors, the Fox's and Bergen's, picnic at Long Point
I started taking my Blog seriously one year ago, October 10th, and have written on it every day since then, as far as I know.  That entry was a Sunday, a beautiful day like yesterday.  Mac and Dale Conly had visited us on Thursday and Friday, and we had five inches of rain the few days before they arrived.  We took them to the CI and Patterson Library, then they headed off to Hudson.  I also mentioned the trip we had taken the previous weekend, Oct 1-4, to the Bissell's, for four days, and we had gone into Washington D.C, on Sunday to attend the Turkish Festival.  It seems like a year ago!

Another spectacular sunrise though, for the first time in five days, there are clouds on the horizon as well, a hint of things to come, perhaps.  It's 48 degrees, once again perfect sleeping weather and the sunlight is so brilliant, so shimmery on the lake, that once again I hide behind a wall so that I can see my computer.  It's amazing how far the sun (to the right from where I sit) has moved over the past month.  We don't pay much attention to it unless we wake up each morning and keep track of the changes, as I have been doing.  I don't think I thought much about it in the first 28 years that we owned this cottage as we never spent much time here, other than a month in the summer.  Now I am so aware of the sun's movement, the changes in the natural world, the changing colors of the lake and trees, especially in the fall.  It's like a whole new world has opened up to me, a result of having the leisure, the time, to see, to observe, and enjoy the moment, rather that always being focused ahead, on what needs to be done.

The leaves have started to fall in earnest, in fact, as we walked in from the dock yesterday afternoon, the wind picked up for the moment and, as we walked through the yard,  hand fulls of yellow leaves began their journey downward, topping Evie's freshly cut lawn with sprinkles of color.

1 comment:

  1. Well I hope you keep blogging for another year. It's fun to see the life of retirement. When do you bring your dock in? It looks like Leonards dock is already in?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...