Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Two Weeks with NO Rain!

Another Dawn Sky
A warm, humid night, but today it's supposed to cool off, with highs only in the 70's, although it was 71 degrees out when I got up at 5:15.  A cloudy morning and I was hoping for some rain, but to no avail, alas.  so, by 6:00, I was out watering the lawn till about 7:15, making sure it's damp but not soaked.  I am becoming an expert at this, perhaps it could be my future, a garden waterer.

There was actually a fishing boat out around 5:30 to my surprise, and a couple out now, towards Long Point though the lake has been unusually quiet the last few days.  I am not sure why, but I assume it's the economy, as people are cutting back on vacations, on boating, or just cannot afford it.  The cottages next door are half empty this week, a prime time.  Things will probably pick up in August when must people have vacations.

Ron and Linda came over last night for a dinner of baked ziti and grilled chicken breasts, both really good and ziti, my favorite, was extra good I thought.  We played bean bag for the first time this summer and Evie and Ron beat Linda and me, two out of three, though all games were close.  We ate out on our front porch, which we are enjoying more and more, and they stayed till about 10:00.

Today, we go shopping (5% off groceries for retirees!), then more weed cutting, watering, and relaxing on the dock, reading and occasionally swimming, to cool off.  Not a bad scenario for the day.

Not much happened today, a bit of heavy weeding, some reading and relaxing in the yard, as it was too hot on the dock.  It got as high a 81 degrees, though it's not much cooler now, at 7:00, as it's 80.  The weed guys came unexpectedly, much to Evie's delight, and they are going to be regulars,  coming every Tuesday to pick up the weeds of Woodlawn/Victoria.  Evie has organized it all, so she is pretty excited that it's working out.  We were too lazy to go shopping and didn't really need anything, so I lost 5% off my groceries at Wegman's.  Rats.  It's a beautiful night on the lake, comfortable both in and out, perfect for watering and eating outside, left over baked ziti, but that's fine.  I dig it.  I am enjoying my book on the Mormons, UNDER THE BANNER OF HEAVEN, founds out they started in Palmyra, NY, fled to Kirtland, Ohio, then to Independence, MO, before moving west to Utah.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...