Monday, July 25, 2011

Albarrans Arrive Today, The Good Life!

Summer, 2010
I had a major computer problem yesterday, as I downloaded a highly praised new operating system for my Mac, making it somewhat like the IPAD.  well, there's a glitch in the system and it keeps throwing me off my Internet connection.  I spent at least an hour with Apple, another 30 minutes with Time Warner, each blaming the other for the problem.  From what I can tell, others who have downloaded LION are having the same problem.  So for now, I am writing on my old Netbook, thus I will have no pictures until I can figure out what to do.  It may involve driving to an Apple store, wiping my computer clean, and putting a new system on it.  I hope this doesn't have to happen.

It's cooler this morning, about 73, with calls for some showers today, I doubt it, and then sunny latter in the day, high in the 80's and humid, of course.  The lake is motionless, not a boat, just three silent kayaks, out in the distance, a perfect morning in late July, as summer ebbs, a month since the Summer Solstice, an signs of autumn are beginning to show, the thinning of bird songs in the morning, berries appearing on some bushes, some plants beginning to turn brown, as the dog day's of summer continue.

We still have quite a  bit to do today, though Evie got lots done yesterday, the rooms made up, the meals ready, the album done, the lawn cut, some weeds cut, but we will have to go to the store sometime today, just to pick up a few things to ready ourselves for the Albarrans.  I just hope it's comfortable enough to sit outside, to eat outside, and sleep at night, even without air conditioning.  Fat chance.  

Tonight's dinner, marinated English Cut grilled, sweet corn, salad, twice baked potatoes, sweet corn and homemade strawberry pie.  Yum

After an hour on the phone with Apple and reconfiguring the security on my router, I 'think' all is well in the computer/internet world.  Time will tell but for now, I am back on my Mac and a happy camper.  Long live!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...