Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Sunny But Rain to Come! Maybe!

Julia of the Lake
A lazy morning, as Evie is off getting her hair dyed and cut, half price today, and I am sitting here getting organized for my day.  Not a lot on the agenda, more weed raking and slepping, as well as a trip to the library and one more load of gravel.  It was cool this morning, about 60 when I got up, but it's up to 70 already.  We have been shutting or windows during the day and have notice about a 10 degree difference between the outside and inside later in the afternoon.

We are going to our new neighbors, the Jones for dinner tonight.  They bought Blairs house four doors down, in Victoria.  They are from Houston, TX, so she stays here most of the summer, and he comes up whenever he can.  He's a friend of George Bush Sr, I have heard, and was a fund raiser for his library.  I think he also now raises funds for either a foundation or a college.  I am not sure.  They seem very friendly, the wife sending me emails quite often.  Even though we are quite different, I think we will hit it off as long as we stay off of politics, though I don't tend to argue much when someone starts a diatribe on Obamacare or whatever though I am tempted.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...