Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Thunder Storms, Heavy Rains, 55 Degrees in the Morning

Spring Storm on Lake
Uncomfortably warm outside when I woke up, compared to yesterday's 30's all day.  One thing for sure about Chautauqua weather---there's little consistency, nothing can be predicted or counted on.  I am afraid spring will pass us by, the weather will suddenly turn summer.  I was thinking about the past few weeks and I have had to wear my Bean boots every day since we left Beth's, as it's either been snowy or wet and muddy.  I bought a new pair of shoes at Kohl's, a deal, 7 bucks for 70 dollar sketchers and have not been able to wear them yet for fear of getting them covered with mud.  Chautauqua April I guess.  We are going to get organized for our trip today, as we head to Linda and Rich's tomorrow afternoon, spend the night, then fly out to KC in the morning.  We cannot wait to see Tommy, Mary and the kids.

Well, it happened...I put up my martin house on Monday even though the water was pretty high and I couldn't pound the main post as deep into the water as usual.  Evie was upstairs, I was down when I heard her yell the martin house was falling down.  I ran to the front of the house just in time to see it splash into the drink.  So, I got my waders out once again, waded out into the rain and gray and, fortunately, was able to find it using my feet.  The water was churned up enough so I could not see it sitting on the ground.  I was able to reach under water, grab the poles and house and walk it out of the lake.  I set it on my dock pieces and wait till I return in early May to put it up again.

We are getting things done; both are almost packed, I cleaned out the garage and put the Pilot in it for a couple of weeks.  Evie also gave me a haircut so I went to the gym, showered, and went to the library to pick up some books for the trip.  So, we can relax tonight, have fish tacos, and watch I good movie.  We finished the TV series Damages in three days and really like it, a compelling and confusing story but it made us keep coming back for more.  I highly recommend it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...