Thursday, April 28, 2011

Sunny and Warm in Scottsdale---What Else

Lunch in the Breakfast room
Just got back from another walk with Laura and we have been sitting around the kitchen table chewing the fat.  I got up this morning and the screen on the sliding door was down, so I was semi irritated because I would have to sit in the living room, looking at this sliding door instead of sitting outside and having my coffe.  Well, Ed walks out of the garage at 6:00, just as I was getting my coffee, laughed at my predictament and showed me the switch, which silently raised the door, so I could go outside.  I guess Laura was culprit who put it down last night, go what reason, I am not sure.
Dad and Gals in Back Yard

Anyways, Ed and I sat outside and talked some politics but mostly about his life at Lincoln, how he got screwed, and the good old days when he was growing up.  His Pa was a moonshiner, making a living selling illegal booze before buying a bar when prohibition ended.  Laura was up around 7:00 and we all sat and talked about the old days.  I suddenly remember a castle called Molkrice that I suggested they stay in back in 73' when they visited us in Istanbul, googled it and there it was.  Laura semi remembers it, especially the riding of horses when they were there.  Funny how out of nowhere I remembered that name.

Our walk was good, about 50 minutes, just enough to work up a sweat.  We ate last night at George's the Asian restaurant.  My meal, Thai basil chicken was mediocre at best, but everyone else's seemed to be fine.  It was nice eating out, however, and then we came home and watched Idol, which Laura likes, too, but I don't think Dad and Dot were impressed.

Enjoying the Sun Set
We are going to wash some windows today, especially the stained glass window above the door.  I am going up on the roof to do that before it gets too hot.  This is our last day in Scottsdale so we are going to have to take advantage of it, hit the pool, perhaps shop for dinner, but enjoy the outdoors though it's supposed to be the warmest day of the week.

Cleaned the stained glass window, inside and out, the fans, hung a picture, went to the pool for an hour, had lunch, drove everyone to pick out the granite  template shape, about 35 minutes away, sat with Dad to avoid the heat in the waiting room, and came home.  Gals are going grocery shopping, then to the pool, as it's very warm right now.  Sausage and peppers and coronas for dinner tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...