 |
| Airport |
 |
| Rhys Arrives At The Lake |
 |
| 6:45 |
 |
| 6:16 |
It's 6:42, and I've been up for a half hour on a 50º morning. Rhys is sleeping in so far, which is great for his grandparents. It looks like another windy morning paddle, with a brisk northerly wind, alas. It just turned 7:00, and the roar of bass boats fills the air as they fire out of Long Point Marina. It's 7:43, and Tom, Mary, and Rhys are up. Rhys is full of pep while the three of us sit around, nursing our coffee, trying to wake up. I kayaked for 20 minutes into the wind. It took me close to 15 minutes to get halfway down Woodlawn, into the fierce northerly wind, then I coasted back in 5. I did manage a moon shot, as well as a heron on one of the neighbors' docks.
 |
| Kayak Morning |
 |
| Heron On Woodlawn Dock |
 |
| Rhys Morning |
 |
| Making Buttermilk Pancakes |
Saturday was a busy morning, putting the finishing touches on Tom, Mary, and Rhys's arrival. I did get in an energetic paddle because of the wind, and had the blog written and published by 9:30. My last two tasks were to vacuum and clean both porches, something I usually do every month or two. Thinking back over the past few days, having company makes us give the house a good cleaning — something we ought to do every month or two but don't. Instead, we wait for company. While I was porch-sitting, Evie was cooking and cleaning as well. My final task before lunch was to vacuum upstairs, an easy 15-minute job.
Lunch was great: BLTs and soup, and I watched some football before reading and trying to nap. I took a shower, then left for the airport around 1:45, knowing their flight was on time. I arrived around 3:15, a half hour early, which was fine. Both flights were easy, and I met them at the gate just before 4:00. We got the bags, strapped Rhys's car seat into the car, and drove home the back way — the scenic route, a little over an hour and a half drive. Evie was sitting outside waiting for us at 5:45, and Rhys couldn't wait to see her.
 |
| Rhys And His Papa |
 |
| Rhys And Nani |
The living room was filled with toys, and somehow Rhys remembered from two years ago, because he went right in and started playing with trucks. The three of us sat around the fireplace area, watching Rhys and Evie play with trucks, puzzles, and all the other kids' stuff Evie's saved from when our grandchildren would visit.
.jpeg) |
| Tommy |
.jpeg) |
| Tommy |
We had dinner around 6:45 — chili with fixings, corn on the cob, and cornbread. Rhys had grapes, mac and cheese, and loved the cornbread. Dinner was perfect, just what we wanted on a cool Saturday evening. Afterward, Rhys went upstairs, and Mary put him to bed fairly easily, despite it being a new bedroom. The four of us then sat around on our devices, occasionally talking and sharing a funny meme, until 9:00, when all four of us went up to bed, tired but happy from our day.
 |
| Harvest Moon |
Sharing that same full moon in Oregon ! I don’t think I would recognize your son, Tom today. He had such curly hair when he was a young kid. At Barton Hall , one Christmas break , we listened to a record , Amahl And The Night Visitors. It’s an opera about the 3 kings stopping at a poor widow and son’s house, on their way to see the new born Jesus. One of the Kings sings to Amahl ,”And you little boy , what do you do ? “ I sang the same thing to Tom , who was visiting us , and he laughed and laughed ! Anyway, he has a nice looking family , now.
ReplyDelete