Saturday, November 13, 2021

Road Trip

7:09

It's early, as usual, and I am up and ready to hit the road, begin our trip to eventually visit our kids in Dallas and Kansas City.  Today, we will travel eight hours, getting as far south as Elizabethtown, Kentucky. We are trying to avoid any drives longer than eight hours. 

Friday was unusual in that we had no plans, no dinner, no dining out, just continue to pack and get ready for our 19-day vacation. I did get in a great paddle, on a splendid morning of blue skies and sun.  It may be the last in a while since snow is forecast for the weekend here at the lake.  I think we are getting out of Dodge just in time. 

Packing is never easy for us because we are not good at making decisions and packing is all about making decisions as to what to bring, what to leave home. We actually had a pretty good day as Evie was packed by noon and I had everything out, just had to put it in my duffle.  Evie needed some prescriptions picked up from Rite Aid so I volunteered to drive to Mayville, mail a return, pick up the prescriptions and fill up the car at 3.59 a gallon, the highest gas price in seven years, up 40% in a year. We are hitting the road at the right time!

I picked up a bowl of take-out soup from the Lighthouse, a mistake. Evie made me a great salami sandwich to make up for the meager serving of soup. Surprisingly, we both were able to enjoy the afternoon if you call waiting for this morning to hit the road enjoyable.  I planned on mowing the lawn for the last time later in the day because no rain was predicted and it had rained the night before.  About 3;30, however, when I planned on getting out there, it rained briefly as if prove that nothing is certain.  I got out the mower anyways,  the rain stopped fairly quickly so I was able to mulch both our yard and our neighbors. Once that was done, we packed up the car, making sure we had room for everything.

By 5:00, we were ready to relax but then Evie realized I still needed a hair cut so she got out the scissors and I gave me a quick shearing.  Once that was done, I showered and Evie made our dinner, BLTs` and Mac N Cheese. It felt good to relax, with all our packing behind us.  The BLTs were great and we watched the same old shows, happy to be relaxing in our TV room. 


1 comment:

  1. Safe travels! Enjoy the time with the family! Bill & Karri

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...