Wednesday, November 10, 2021

Another Bright Sunny Morning

6:56

7:10

7:13

It's 9:00 on another fine lake morning, a few clouds this morning but mostly sunshine and blue skies.  I paddled for close to an hour but saw no waterfowl other than mallards, no herons, no hawks or eagles, alas.  And the migrating birds, the buffleheads and mergansers and loons have yet to arrive. 

Kayak Morning

Big Blue

Tuesday was not much different from the previous Indian summer days, lots of sun and blue skies, a calm lake.  I got in a good paddle before driving off to yoga class with a new teacher since Julie has decided to retire.  We will miss her but Courtney used to teach this class six or seven years ago so she is good.  It's hard to believe I have been taking a yoga class for over ten years, the most consistent student over the years for sure.  I did not linger because Evie had a hair appointment at 12:30 so I came straight home.  She had lunch, a couple of veggie wraps, ready for my lunch before she took off for Jarets.  I opened a can of noodle soup, like in the old days, to go with my wrap. I finished up another season of Foyle's War and started a new one.  

After lunch, I read some, napped of course, and woke refreshed ready to work some outside.  I cleared the leaves from the other side of the garage, then worked on pulling out the dahlias which Evie no longer wanted to winter in our crawl space. I filled another pail with weeds and leaves and took them up the hill for what I hope is the last time.

Late Afternoon Falling Leaves

Evie was home by 4:00 and by 5:00, she was on a Zoom call with her sisters until we left for dinner at our friends, Linda and Ron's house.  We enjoyed beers with a delicious sausage appetizer before dinner. A couple of weeks ago we decided to simplify our dinners occasionally so last night, we had homemade, crusty bread to go along with three kinds of mushroom soup and a salad. 

Festive Dinner

It was a perfect late fall dinner, ending in the living room with Linda's homemade limoncello liqueur. By the time we left, both Linda and Evie were happy campers, thanks to the limoncello.  We didn't get home until 10:00 and both of us were tired enough to skip TV and go up to bed.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...