Tuesday, November 9, 2021

Orange Sky In The Morning

Here Comes The Sun


7:07

6:37

8:13

It's just 7:00 and the sky to the southeast has turned orange on a 46º morning.  It looks like another fine Chautauqua day with lots of sun and temperatures in the 50's.  We could not have asked for a better week of weather.  Snow, however, may be arriving over the weekend.

Kayak Morning

Long Point

Woodlawn


Yesterday we expected our floor installer to come and finish the few odds and ends.  So we got ready for his arrival only to have him cancel for the second time.  He will now come on Wednesday. I guess that's about par for the course with any kind of construction.  They always have another job they are working on.  So, Evie decided to get a few things done in the house before going off to shop in the afternoon and suggested I go for a bike ride since it was such a nice day.  About 10:30, I drove over to Bemus Point and took my usual route, down Lakeside Drive, through Long Point State Park, and back, a ten-mile ride, taking me close to an hour. It was a good ride except for the muddy spots in the woods which slowed me down. 

Long Point

Black Locust And Vinca

For lunch, Evie fried me up a couple of hot dogs and warmed up some beans so I had an easy lunch and watched another episode of Foyle's War.  I also started another book, The Magpie Murders by Anthony Horowitz although I am not finished with my other book, The Lincoln Highway.  I fell asleep briefly and when I woke, Evie was off to Lakewood.  I decided to get some exercise so I fired up the mower and cut our neighbor's yard.  When I finished, I decided to mow until I ran out of gas and ended up mowing and mulching our yard as well so both yards look manicured, for the moment.  Evie was home around 3:00 and after I rested in a lawn chair at the edge of the lake, enjoying the blue of the water, I decided to tidy up Evie"s garden and cut down to six inches most of her perennials and raked them up, filling another garbage pail with the dead stalks.  I took them up the hill and that was it for the day.

I relaxed in the living room with a beer and read until it was time to get dinner ready.  Evie heated up the leftover chicken, rice, roasted more Brussel sprouts, and made a salad. I found a film on Netflix called Begin Again, about a washed-up music producer who finds new talent.  It reminded us of one of our favorite music films, Once, and we ended up liking it although it was a bit slow to start with.  We finished the night with Jeopardy and The Great English Baking Show, no surprise.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...