Wednesday, November 3, 2021

A Dusting Of Snow

Rainbow Morning

7:26

8:05

9:17

9:18

I just returned from a chilly paddle, choppy on the way back from Sandy Bottom as usual.  The weather is constantly changing, the sun hiding behind clouds at the southern end, storm clouds, and a rainbow as I look north.  And just as I paddled in, it started to sleet so my timing was good on a 34º morning. 

Kayak Morning


Victoria and Woodlawn

Paddling North

Our Cosy Abode

Yesterday was not a fun day although we did get some sun in the afternoon.  I had teeth cleaning appointment at 10:00, one of those things that tend to ruin a morning when I could have been at yoga or walking,  The good news, Mom, is that I have no cavities.  I stopped at Wegman's basically to get my flu shot and did a bit of shopping before getting home around noon.  

Evie had been busy making a cauliflower soup and putting together dough for today's lunch because a good friend from high school is stopping by around noon on his way back to Northern Massachusetts.  Lunch was easy, just heat up the scalloped potatoes and ham from Monday night's dinner.  I watched my show but was looking forward to my new book, Amor Towles The Lincoln Highway.  I fell asleep while reading, as usual, woke somewhat energized and around 3:30, I went for a walk around our neighborhood woods, through Victoria and Woodlawn and home.  It felt good to be outside, to get some fresh air.

An Afternoon At Woodlawn

Golden Leaves

A Few Leaves Left On The Trees

Evie had her Zoom call with her sisters at 5:00 and we enjoyed a leisurely happy hour after the call until 7:00.  Earlier, Evie had made Man Pleasing Chicken and once that was done, the rice ready, the salad made, with had dinner.  We were at a loss as to what to watch, so stuck with Colbert, Jeopardy, and an HGTV show before bed.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...