Friday, November 12, 2021

A Great Blue Heron Morning.

6:34

8:52

It's 8:50 and another spectacular morning here on the lake. After last night's heavy winds, I expected a choppy lake but there was hardly a breeze as I paddled for over an hour, not wanting to come in.  And I photographed four great blue herons after not having seen any for over a week. I guess they were hiding down past Wells Bay, along the Bootey Bay waterfront. It was a good morning. 

Kayak Morning

Woodlawn





Yesterday started out foggy and calm but by early afternoon, the winds had picked up and we went to bed with them howling, the wind chimes singing.  I skipped kayaking but did go to Yin yoga class, a class that always makes me feel good.  I did not linger, coming straight home because we had things to do although we are often reluctant to do them.  The big thing is packing for our Thanksgiving trip, trying to figure out what to bring for the weather, preparing for both the beach and fall and winter temperatures.  

I had another what has become a favorite lunch, the leftover salmon broke up and put in a salad along with other goodies like hard-boiled eggs or avocados. After lunch and some TV, I napped and read most of the afternoon, thinking about what to pack but doing little about it, saving it for today, the last minute as usual. Evie had a wellness checkup in Westfield at 4:30 so she was gone until 6:00 but had prepped most of the dinner before leaving.

We had eggplant and tomato sauce over pasta along with salad, and homemade cookies for dessert. We were reluctant to start a new series so we stuck with our usuals, Colbert, Bill Maher, and Jeopardy, ending with Nate and Jeremiah's HGTV show. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...