Sunday, November 7, 2021

Blazing Sun And Warming

7:05

I am a bit late this morning because the cable guy was here to troubleshoot our cable lines because we were having trouble with buffering.  He changed some of the lines outside so all should be well. I did get in a forty-five-minute paddle, this time to Whitney Bay as I paddled north, then back into the bright sun.

Kayak Morning

Open Water

Yesterday we did not seem to do much, no hikes or walks or long drives but when we looked back on the day, we got things done. First, Evie restocked the refrigerator after letting it defrost for 24 hours.  We were able to put most of the stuff on the back porch and it was cold enough.  Once that was done, I pulled out our back porch curtain stored under a bed and brought it downstairs to be hung. I got out a ladder and with Evie's help, we got it hung in 20 minutes.  Hanging it is a sure sign that winter is on its way.  

By the time that was done, it was time for lunch, a couple of tuna sandwiches and I watched some football, then my show.  I tried to nap but to no avail while Evie was working on cleaning the back porch. She decided we needed a few things from Wegman's for tonight's dinner, so I was off by 2:30. Wegman's always seems crowded on weekends, so it's not the best day to shop but I was able to get in and out fairly quickly. When I returned home, Evie had had it and was ready to relax and I don't blame her.  For some reason, I still had some mojo and the leaves in the front yard were calling so I went out and mulched the front yard. 

Because it was Saturday night, we relaxed with a couple of Manhattans and a bowl of popcorn before dinner. It was the last night of a happy hour when we can watch the sky darken unless we start our happy hour by 4:30. We had leftover chili for dinner, on pasta, one of our favorites so we were both happy and we watched the usual until we were tired enough to go up to bed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...