Friday, November 5, 2021

Paddlling Into The Sun On A Frosty Morning

Into The Sunrise

7:24

7:36

8:03
It's later than usual as I start the blog on a spectacular morning of sunshine and a placid lake.  I paddled for close to 50 minutes, into the blinding sun until I headed home when I got to Wells Bay and it was a fruitful morning for birds, as I shot a couple of herons, a kingfisher and cormorants. 

Kayaking To Long Point

Heron In The Fog

Victoria Creek Heron

Cormorants

Kingfisher On Dock

Thursday turned out to be a good day even though I skipped kayaking to go to breakfast.  When I returned, I hurriedly finished the blog and drove to Yin Yoga in Lakewood. I am still only one of two to wear a mask, in a typically all-woman class.  I did not get out of class until 11:20, later than usual and drove to Aldi's to do some shopping for our dinner. I was not home until 12:30 and had a lunch of leftovers from Wednesday's lunch, cauliflower soup, and a sweet potato galette, both still delicious.  I watched my show, Foyle's War then read and tried to nap to no avail.

We were at sixes and sevens as to what to do about dinner but eventually, the thought of homemade french fries won us over and we decided to drive forty miles and hike one of the trails in the Allegheny State Park, one of our favorite spots to walk. Unfortunately, the trails were muddy and wet from the previous night's snow, so it made walking less desirable, as we had to avoid puddles and mud. We stayed out for an hour, however, enjoying the colors still on many of the trees and we ran into two women, walking six or seven young dachshunds. They were happy to see us, playfully surrounding us to their owner's dismay.

Daschund Daze

Walking The Muddy, Leaf Covered Trail

First Snow Of November






We then drove twenty minutes to one of our favorite restaurants, the real reason for our hike, the Horseshoe Inn and its homemade french fries.  We found our usual seat at the far end of the bar, ordered beers, double fries for Evie, and a Horseshoe burger and fries for me.  It was worth the forty-mile drive and muddy hike.  We stayed for an hour, enjoying our dinner, then took our time driving home in the dark because the owner warned us about the prevalence of deer on the roads in this rural area.

In The Woods

We were home by 8:00, happy to be back and snug and warm in our TV room, watching a couple of our shows.  Jeopardy saw a new champion and Colbert was his usual amusing self as he interviewed the always cheerful Andy Cohen.  It was an end to a good day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...