Thursday, March 28, 2019

Red Sky In The Morning

6:47

6:53

6:54
It's a morning of a dark sky slowly turning red, as clouds roll in, bringing rain.  The lake has opened up in front of our house, a two hundred by fifty foot swimming area and the mallards have already found it, floating by, then flying off, honking as they go.  Spring is coming to the lake,

7:27
Yesterday was another sunny blue sky day, with temperatures reaching into the '50s making it difficult to stay inside even if you feel lousy because of a cold. So I didn't, ignoring the cough and runny nose.  We had our coffee as the sun rose for first time in three weeks and it did not disappoint us.  Because my new MacAir does not have the same ports as my old one, I have been having a difficult time downloading photographs from my camera to my computer.  I finally managed to do it but it was frustrating, far from easy.  There must be a better way.  Around 9:30, I went outside, grabbed a rake and filled a couple of buckets with twigs and leaves, even some deadfall that wouldn't fit in the bucket. I took two trips up the hill and had to wait for workers to move their trucks which were blocking the road.  A new roof is going on the Miller cottage as well as lots of work inside.

By 11:00,  Evie had a list of groceries on my iPhone so I drove off to do some shopping, stopping at Ryders' Cup for a coffee, saying hello to the regulars.  I then drove to Wegman's, had an easy time shopping as it was not 5% Tuesday and was in and out in 20 minutes.  I then stopped at the ATM, to replenish my cash, picked up our mail at the post office, and got my Honda Accord washed before coming home.

When I walked in, Evie has been busy, making a pot of Indian spiced sweet potato, cauliflower, and coconut milk soup.  She also put together the beginnings of a moussaka, baking the eggplant, making the tomato sauce.  For lunch, I had the soup and a toasted cheese sandwich and watched another disappointing episode of Ray Donovan.  It has lost my interest so I will have to find something else to watch during lunch.

We both were tired by the end of lunch and did little in the early afternoon.  I did get in some reading and a nap.  Around 4:00, we both worked outside for forty-five minutes, mostly raking leaves from the garden and flower beds, filling a couple more buckets to take up the hill.  Around 5:30, Evie made a bechamel sauce for the moussaka and put together the eggplant, zucchini, and tomato sauce and topped it with the bechamel.  While it baked, we enjoyed the late afternoon view of the lake with a glass of wine.  The moussaka was straight out of Greek diner, saucy and tasty, along with garlic bread and a salad.  And I was determined to find a series we both might like and I did it.  We watched the entire first season of CATASTROPHE in Amazon Prime.  Each episode is less than a half hour so it goes quickly.  It's about a couple, one Brit, one American, and their struggles with love, marriage and children.  It's quite good, at times funny, at other times sad.  We have three more seasons to go.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...