Tuesday, March 5, 2019

6º At 6:00 AM

Van Gogh In Winter

6:34

6:55

6:56

7:00
It's 7:30 and the cold seems to have scared off the fishermen as none have appeared yet on the lake.  It's been a picturesque morning, as I sat here watching the sunrise, fill the lake with its rays, then disappear behind the clouds.  It has warmed up quite a bit since 6:00  and 6º to 8º at the moment.

7:04
Yesterday was cold, never getting out of the teens, making it unpleasant to do much outside.  I did make it to yoga at 9:30, then went to the car wash, cleaning off all the ice and mud from the past few days.  I was tempted by a coffee at Ryders but resisted and came straight home.  The roads were fine despite the snow from Sunday night.

Evie was busy while I was at yoga, working on her PT,  then picking out an area and cleaning and rearranging it.  Yesterday was our hall closet which, when I opened it, was unrecognizable it was so clean and organized.  Earlier, she had pulled some of her veggie soup out of the freezer, heated it up and then made me a couple of tuna fish sandwiches for lunch.

The afternoon went quickly although neither of us did much other than read, watch some TV or nap,  I wanted to get out and ski but was reluctant to because of the cold.  By 3:30, however, I was bored with sitting around so I snapped on my skis and went out on the lake.  And as I expected, it was very cold, 14º with some wind, so I lasted only 20 minutes but at least I got out there.

Cross Country Skiing On 14º Afternoon
Around 5:30, we decided to enjoy a long cocktail hour, with cheese and crackers.  It surprises us how quick the five o'clock darkness of winter days has become light as we move towards the Spring Equinox.  Now it does not get dark until 6:30, perhaps a bit earlier. It began to snow around 6:00 so Evie quickly took some photos, then worked with a filter to make them Van Gogh like.  Cool beans. 

Dinner was leftovers, easy, just pop the chicken and biscuits in the microwave and make a salad.  We did not feel like watching a movie or starting a series so we channel surfed for most of the evening, watching news, home improvement, and Jeopardy.  We were both ready for bed by 10:00, having had enough of television.


1 comment:

  1. This is really helpful piece of writing. I want to tell you how much I appreciated your clearly written and thought-provoking article.

    200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training in India
    300 Hour Yoga Teacher Training in India

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...