Friday, March 29, 2019

A Dreary, Wet And Gray Morning


8:30
Not much of a morning sunrise, just a gradual slide from darkness to gray.  The rain is actually welcome in Chautauqua County because I just read in the local paper that there have been brush fires because of dry conditions and needed the fire department.  Well, we should have rain today and tomorrow and they are calling for maybe 1-3 inches of snow Saturday night and Sunday. Today's weather aptly fits our mood as we are both fighting colds.

Snoozing On Ice 

Cruising
Yesterday was a miserable day especially for me.  I spent the day coughing, blowing my nose, and taking Advil.  Evie, too, was dealing with cold symptoms so we did not do much, get much done.  I made the mistake of saying I would go to breakfast yesterday morning.  I went but should have stayed home.  The rest of the morning I sat around drinking peppermint tea, sucking on lozenges, trying to find a panacea for my cough but nothing seemed to work. 

Sea Gull Feeding On Ice
Evie made me a good lunch, soup and avocado toast since I still have an appetite.  It tasted good and for a while, I forgot about my cold.  I must sound like a baby, having a cold and complaining about it. Get over it!  I took a good, long nap and could have slept even more.  The afternoon was like the morning, drinking tea, reading some, coughing, waiting for dinner time.  Evie had put together an Indian dinner, with chicken, mushrooms and broccoli earlier in the day.  So we were able to have wine time although I had a beer which actually felt good on my throat. 

6:00 PM
Dinner tasted really good to me, chicken with a spicy sauce on rice.  I always put a dollop of yogurt on top which makes it even better.  We watched another couple of episodes of CATASTROPHE but we are quickly losing interest in the series, too much of the same and may bag it.  We then watched Colbert and some basketball, and we were able to watch Purdue's exciting victory in overtime before going up to bed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...