Saturday, March 2, 2019

A Lake Busy With Fishermen



Early Birds

8:11
It's just about 8:00 and Only A Game is wrapping up its show. I have been here on my couch for a good hour, watching guys drag their sleds and fishing equipment out on the lake.  Although it's 26º out, there is no wind so it felt almost balmy when I walked out to pick up our Post Journal.

Long Point Morning

A Guy And Three Tents
Friday we were blessed with our second sunny and blue sky day in a row.  Maybe it's an omen that that spring and blue skies are coming.  Nah, just an outlier on the weather map says the pessimist in me.  I left for yoga at 9:00, as early birds were arriving at the house sale three doors down from us.  The home was sold a second time after the first purchase fell threw months ago and everything was up for grabs to the locals.  The yoga class was the usual five of us and I left feeling mellow.  I drove into Jamestown, to drop my tax stuff off at my version of H and R Block.  It's easier with less angst to have someone else do my taxes.  On the way home, I stopped at Crown Coffee, on 3rd, an attempt to support them.  Unfortunately, a coffee brought up the thought of a glazed donut so I stopped at Farm Fresh Foods, picked up four donuts and waited in the express line, eight items or less, behind a lady that had at least 25 items in her cart.  I did not say a word, just waiting patiently but pissed.  Breathe.

When I returned home, our street was filled with cars at the house sale but I was able to get by.  Evie had been out, did a quick run through the house and came home with wine glasses, just what we don't need.  At least they were a deal, fifty cents apiece.  Lunch was toasted cheese and homemade black bean and sweet potato soup.  While I ate, Evie went out for a walk because it was so pleasant outside, mild temperatures and blue skies.  I watched another episode and it's a getting better so I may stick with it.

The Wonder Of Winter On A Lake
I read and napped then around 3:30, I decided to enjoy the outdoors and put on my skis and went out on the lake for a forty-five minutes jaunt, enjoying the sunny skies.  The lake was less than perfect as it was mushy in some areas although my skis did not freeze up.  And despite the conditions of the snow and lake, it always feels righteous to be out on it, either cross country skiing or kayaking.

Long Point
At 6:15,  Linda and Ron picked us up and we went over to the Seezurh House in Bemus Point for dinner.  We expected it to be crowded because it was a Friday but we easily found seats and it never did get busy.  Linda and Ron were happy because they had Shiner on tap,  a Texas beer.

Friday Night Lights
I had the fish fry, Evie her chicken sandwich with barbecue sauce which she loves and the others both ordered burgers.  It was a fun night, good food, good friends and a couple of beers.  We had not seen them in a while so we had lots to talk about.   And I hate to admit it but it's always more fun when your friends share your political views.  We were home by 8:30, in time to watch, what else, The Great British Baking Show before going upstairs to read and sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...